Mobile menu

Windows Vista glossaries
Thread poster: Alex Potts
Alex Potts
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 22, 2007

Since MS are not yet making these latest glossaries free to use, couldn't there be some way we translators pool resources to start creating lists of En terms and their translations, viewable on a public site (or via a mailing list, if there were any legal issues involved)? Obviously it would depend on people who have Vista, and I have no idea how to set up a site for this or run a mailing list, but perhaps someone with the expertise could take it over, if the idea had any takers. (While I'm at it, is there anyone out there with a Spanish version of Vista who wouldn't mind checking a few terms for me?)

Direct link Reply with quote

Zoltán Medgyesi
Hungary
Local time: 13:09
English to Hungarian
Updated glossary Apr 23, 2007

http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/tools/MILSGlossary.mspx

"Notice: This collection of terminology data updated to contain terms from Windows Vista and Office 2007"

Alex Potts
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not all Vista terms are in the freely available current MS glossary Apr 23, 2007

Thanks, mzdude, but I had downloaded that file a while ago and have found that many of the expressions I need are not in there. MS themselves say on that site: "languages may not have translations for all of the English terminology", referring to the English terms they have indeed included in the glossary. There are many more software items that don't even appear in English, which is obvious from the size of the file - if all languages were to be included in it, given the size of previous language glossaries, the file would be unmanageable! I do hope they eventually revert to the per-language set of files, but in the meantime...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Windows Vista glossaries

Advanced search

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs