Links to a few law dictionaries (DE,EN,FR,ES)
Thread poster: mgonzalez (X)
mgonzalez (X)
mgonzalez (X)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 17, 2002

http://www.jura.uni-sb.de/espanol/internet-es/woerterbuecher-es.html

Best regards. MG.

Arnaud HERVE
Arnaud HERVE  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:59
English to French
+ ...
gefähr Dec 17, 2002

Thank you so much for this major link.

I think legal translation would need separate resources, because it is a highly sensitive subject, and there is a need for prof. jargon in addition to correct target language.

I recently made a legal translation keeping strictly to terms found in glossaries, and in the end the client told me my translation had to be rewritten. So I guess the definitions did not concern the case I had in front of me. In some cases yo
... See more
Thank you so much for this major link.

I think legal translation would need separate resources, because it is a highly sensitive subject, and there is a need for prof. jargon in addition to correct target language.

I recently made a legal translation keeping strictly to terms found in glossaries, and in the end the client told me my translation had to be rewritten. So I guess the definitions did not concern the case I had in front of me. In some cases you also have to check in which country of the same language the legal word is used.

I asked on the fr forum for links where I could read contracts in the private economy, but no one answered.

Globally I find legal resources for translators much less rich and reliable than medical resources. Maybe on this site there should now be separate forums for the major areas of translation (i.e. medical, legal, automotive, video...) instead of a general one for \"resources\".
Collapse

Terry Gilman
Terry Gilman  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
All about forms Dec 18, 2002

http://www.allaboutforms.com/

I didn\'t see your first request; this site offers samples of forms and some contracts (in English). You have to subscribe ($) to get access to the more interesting ones.

The larger issue is that it would be a miracle to concoct a proper translation by relying on glossaries in any field, not just legal affairs.

Arnaud HERVE
Arnaud HERVE  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
thanks Dec 18, 2002

Thank you for the link. It is the best I have seen for this type of research in English.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Links to a few law dictionaries (DE,EN,FR,ES)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »