Resource: Visual Thesaurus - a tool to explore, study, and analyze the structure of language
Thread poster: Jeremy Smith
Jeremy Smith
Jeremy Smith  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:18
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
Dec 19, 2002

I haven\'t explored this much, but it looks very interesting: a visual thesaurus. In the company\'s own words:

\"An experiment in language and interface, Plumb Design\'s Visual Thesaurus is both an artistic exploration and a tool to explore, study, and analyze the structure of language. By displaying the interrelationships between words and meanings as spatial maps, the Visual Thesaurus translates language into a visible architecture.\"

It uses data from
... See more
I haven\'t explored this much, but it looks very interesting: a visual thesaurus. In the company\'s own words:

\"An experiment in language and interface, Plumb Design\'s Visual Thesaurus is both an artistic exploration and a tool to explore, study, and analyze the structure of language. By displaying the interrelationships between words and meanings as spatial maps, the Visual Thesaurus translates language into a visible architecture.\"

It uses data from Wordnet, so it\'s pretty reliable.
Collapse

Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Interesting -- thank you! Dec 19, 2002

A bit slow, though...

I would just add the (obvious) url: http://www.visualthesaurus.com/

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 16:18
SITE FOUNDER
brilliant Dec 19, 2002

Great link!

rhandler
rhandler  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:18
Spanish to Portuguese
+ ...
Fantastic! Dec 20, 2002

This site/software offers unlimited possibilities, I suppose. I\'ve already added it to my \"Favorites\" and will explore it further. Thank you for the hint.

Jeremy Smith
Jeremy Smith  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:18
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
oops Dec 20, 2002

Stupidly forgot to put the actual URL in the message.

http://www.visualthesaurus.com/index.jsp

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Resource: Visual Thesaurus - a tool to explore, study, and analyze the structure of language

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »