https://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/72038-search_engine_for_for_dictionaries_glossaries_encyclopedias_and_translation_tools.html

Search Engine for for Dictionaries, Glossaries, Encyclopedias, and Translation Tools
Thread poster: Pnina
Pnina
Pnina
Israel
Local time: 10:13
Italian to Hebrew
+ ...
May 3, 2007

www.troodle.com/

Dear Translators,
This site saves search and time.
There is a multitude of dictionaries, glossaries and encyclopedias on the internet that contain vocabulary for special subject areas. Troodle saves the internet addresses of language tools in an online database. Then these tools are matched with the respective languages and subject areas.
You can search for languag
... See more
www.troodle.com/

Dear Translators,
This site saves search and time.
There is a multitude of dictionaries, glossaries and encyclopedias on the internet that contain vocabulary for special subject areas. Troodle saves the internet addresses of language tools in an online database. Then these tools are matched with the respective languages and subject areas.
You can search for language tools using various search parameters: source language, target language, and subject area. You can enter additional search terms (i.e. enter keywords in the input field to narrow your search). Combining these parameters will optimize your results.
The usage of this site is free for everyone.
Collapse

Carole Paquis
Carole Paquis  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:13
Member (2007)
English to French
Thank you very much May 3, 2007

Thank you very much. I have tried it and found it very good indeed.

Claudia Aguero
Claudia Aguero  Identity Verified
Costa Rica
Local time: 01:13
Spanish to English
+ ...
Useful link May 6, 2007

Thanks a lot. I checked it, and seems very useful.
Have a nice weekend!

Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:13
Czech to German
+ ...
Thanks! May 8, 2007

This seems to be quite useful, but be careful with it - it tends to confuse languages (in the middle of my search for Czech-German I suddenly encountered Chechen-German...)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Search Engine for for Dictionaries, Glossaries, Encyclopedias, and Translation Tools

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »