Karin Walker (X)
Karin Walker (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:09
German to English
+ ...
Dec 4, 2001

Hi there,

Can anyone recommend a (preferably free, downloadable) terminology organising software? I love multiterm, but it\'s too expensive for me.

If you know of one, please post here or e-mail me directly with the URL, if available.

Also, what\'s happening with Wordfast? The website where you\'re meant to be able to download it is full of dead links and the site\'s maintainer is not to be reached.

K.

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:09
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Access 2000, Microsoft Dec 4, 2001

Few months ago I went to a Terminology Congress in Córdoba, Argentina. There Mr. Frank Harslem explained the use of Access 2000 as a very useful tool for terminology management.

Regards,

Clarisa Moraña

shcheong
shcheong  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 18:09
English to Chinese
+ ...
About WordFast Dec 5, 2001

The website of WordFast is http://champollion.net/

just downloaded a few days ago, no problem at all.

Deborah Shannon
Deborah Shannon  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
No problem with Wordfast site Dec 5, 2001

The site looks to be up and running as usual. Are you talking about:

http://www.champollion.net/

Have you tried to make contact via the Wordfast mailing list? (There\'s a link from the above site to join). This is the quickest way to get a response from someone knowledgeable.

Best regards, Deborah

Karin Walker (X)
Karin Walker (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks all. Dec 5, 2001

Thank you Clarisa and Deborah. I was accessing a different (but related) champollion site which I had found via an internet search. This one is great and I will download the software now.

Thanks both of you. Don\'t suppose you can get Access 2000 for free though, can you?

K.

Zenny Sadlon
Zenny Sadlon
Local time: 05:09
English to Czech
+ ...
I love using Lingo 2.0 - Translator's Assistant! Dec 20, 2001

http://www.lexicool.com/jes/lingo20.htm

Lingo 2.0 for Windows 3.1/95 has been designed specifically to meet the needs of professional translators, allowing them to make the task of creating and updating client or domain specific glossaries as easy as possible as they work. With Lingo, translators find that they can incorporate glossary creation and management into their day to day work witho
... See more
http://www.lexicool.com/jes/lingo20.htm

Lingo 2.0 for Windows 3.1/95 has been designed specifically to meet the needs of professional translators, allowing them to make the task of creating and updating client or domain specific glossaries as easy as possible as they work. With Lingo, translators find that they can incorporate glossary creation and management into their day to day work without any decrease in performance.

DOWNLOAD THE EVALUATION VERSION OF LINGO 2.0 (English interface)

TELECHARGEZ LA VERSION D\'EVALUATION DE LINGO 2.0 (interface en français)
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Terminology organiser - any recommendations? and Wordfast query

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »