Mobile menu

Resource: Glossary: Countersurveillance Equipment, SPEN
Thread poster: lwiant
Local time: 18:11
English to Spanish
May 14, 2007

I have been asked by a company to interpret for a training course related to countersurveillance equipment. Some of the equipment is a non-linear junction evaluator, spectral correlator, and microwave down converter (to expand the frequency range of the omni spectral correlator) These are all devices to locate electronic devices i.e. "bugs", electronic equipment, etc.

I am wondering if any of you are aware of any glossaries or any other research sources related to this type of subject matter. The course is being presented in English and would be simultaneously interpreted to Spanish.

This is my first post to the forum, so thank you ahead of time.

Best Regards,

[Edited at 2007-05-14 20:30]

Direct link Reply with quote
liz askew  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:11
Member (2007)
French to English
+ ...
Countersurveillance May 15, 2007

Sorry, can't help re glossaries.

However, have you thought about searching for articles in your source language and target language and making a glossary yourself? It would be very good preparation for your interpreting session. This is what I have to do before I attend an interpreting session, the subject of which I have been told about beforehand!

Other than that, you can easily search yourself by entering the relevant search terms in google and see what you come up with...

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Resource: Glossary: Countersurveillance Equipment, SPEN

Advanced search

Translation news

Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs