Google MT: \'Before this measure, which plugs absolutely pull from the plug socket.\'
Thread poster: Mats Wiman
Mats Wiman
Mats Wiman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 20:58
Member (2000)
German to Swedish
+ ...
In memoriam
Jan 25, 2003

If you need to have a phrase translated you could go to:

http://translate.google.com/translate_t

So:

I entered:

\"Vor dieser Maßnahme, den Stecker unbedingt aus der Steckdose ziehen.\"

There is still some time left!

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:58
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
This my lets hope Jan 25, 2003

Oh dear, surely we have some time.

The question left is, how much time?

If I think some years back, what computers could do, and what they can do today...

Well, but they will possibly never be able to \"feel\" the language - but real translating does mean exactly this. It is not enough to understand every word and to put those words in the right order in the target language. Translator must \"feel\" what the autor wishes to say, then and only then he will
... See more
Oh dear, surely we have some time.

The question left is, how much time?

If I think some years back, what computers could do, and what they can do today...

Well, but they will possibly never be able to \"feel\" the language - but real translating does mean exactly this. It is not enough to understand every word and to put those words in the right order in the target language. Translator must \"feel\" what the autor wishes to say, then and only then he will be able to put down the autors thaughts in ther target language.

Thank you for this example, Mats

Have a nice weekend

Jerzy
Collapse

Martina Keskintepe
Martina Keskintepe  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 21:58
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Very nice, Mats! Jan 25, 2003

This really made me smile and confirmed my decision against buying any translation software (although I am sure that there are better ones than google).

Lets all keep up the good work!

Have a nice Sunday

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Google MT: \'Before this measure, which plugs absolutely pull from the plug socket.\'

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »