can anyone suggest a reliable hosting/mail providers
Thread poster: Mikolaj Rasmussen

Mikolaj Rasmussen  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:16
Member (2006)
English to Danish
+ ...
Aug 9, 2007

Hi, we are a team of two translators who are dissatisfied with the service we get from our hosting/mail provider. Their web-based e-mail is not reliable and difficult to use. We pay ca. 80 euros per year. Can anyone suggest a good provider? A Scandinavian one would be ideal as we are based in Denmark but not a must. Thanks a lot. Mikolaj & Eva

Direct link Reply with quote

Adam Burman  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:16
Spanish to English
+ ...
World web host: 1&1 Aug 9, 2007

I have a 1&1 hosting package - pretty happy with the service I receive. You may want to take a look at what they offer:

Good luck in your search!

Waleed Mohamed  Identity Verified
United Arab Emirates
Local time: 16:16
English to Arabic
+ ...
HostGator Aug 9, 2007

Hi colleague,

I strongly recommend of which I am a very satisfied customer.

Also, the following website is great for choosing the right an reliable web hosting provider:

Good luck!

English to French
Hostway Aug 9, 2007

This one is excellent, they are in the top 5 best providers in the world. The price is around what you paid.

xxxGabi Ancarol
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
doteasy Aug 9, 2007

Ramon Somoza  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
Dutch to Spanish
+ ...
Exobits Aug 11, 2007

I have my site hosted since two years in a small company called Exobits (

Availability so far this year is 99.530% (I keep an eye on it because they provide two extra months of hosting for free if it drops below 99.5% in a 12-month period).

I pay 30 euros/year for the most simple account (100 Megs of space, 2Gig bandwidth/month, 10 mail accounts). Last year they doubled the capacity at no additional charge.

The site is in Spanish, but they speak English. The control panel is in available in different languages, but I am not sure that Danish is one of them, though I know Swedish is.

If you want to try them out, they provide two weeks for free testing and they will assist you setting the site up if necessary.

English to Polish
+ ...
We are using hostgator, too Aug 20, 2007

Hi Mikolaj,
After some rather disconcerting experiences and lots of frustration with local and international providers (including in-house server and network admin, leading nation-wide provider, godaddy and what-not) I decided to give Hostgator a go.
They are a US-based medium size provider, with relatively good reviews (although the hosting guys apparently are able to trick google into numerous independent review sites/charts and rankings), decent features and very good support at a fairly reasonable price.
After more than a year Im very happy with reliability, customer support and options they offer. So far as the hosting space goes, hostgator are in the process of free upgrade from 5-15 GB on their shared (non-dedicated) accounts to several hundrets GB. As soon as we are upgraded I will move our backup system to a full on-line backup. Im quite sure new customers will get the new huge quota straight away from the day they signup.
Best, Greg

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

can anyone suggest a reliable hosting/mail providers

Advanced search

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs