Mobile menu

Looking for: FR>EN Scientific Dictionary
Thread poster: eva75

+ ...
Sep 25, 2007

Since I will be doing more work in this area, I am looking for a reliable and up-to-date French to English Scientific Dictionary. Does anyone here have any recommendations? (I would much prefer a paper dictionary as opposed to an online one).

[Título editado por el personal o un moderador 2007-09-25 17:58]

Direct link Reply with quote

lydiar  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 17:34
Member (2006)
French to English
Chambers Sep 25, 2007

I have used the Chambers Dictionary of Science and Technology (ISBN 0-550-13002-0) with quite a bit of sucess.
However, depending on the subject matter, online searches and glossaries can be much more useful than a paper dictionary which become outdated to the fast pace of development in some fields.

Hope that helps.

United States
Local time: 00:34
French to English
Try the Goursau website Sep 26, 2007

There are some very good dictionaries at They have a 2-volume set of a Dictionary of Technical and Scientific terms (one volume is French to English, the other is the reverse language pair). They have a feature on the website where you can even click to see a page inside the dictionary - so that might be enough to tell you whether or not the terminology is what you are looking for.

I have several of their dictionaries and though they are in France and I'm in the U.S., they have always shipped promptly.

Good luck - HTH.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for: FR>EN Scientific Dictionary

Advanced search

Translation news

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs