e-Glossaires
Thread poster: IsaPro
IsaPro  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:58
English to French
+ ...
Feb 12, 2003

Need to consolidate your own glossaries?

Wish to share glossaries with others?

A great tool is born:

www.specific-soft.com

Enjoy!

Isa

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Posting one's glossaries to an anonymous site? Feb 12, 2003

There\'s no imprint on the site (at least not one that\'s easily recognisable as such), and the text on the home page reads:

Quote:

I\'m here only as the Dev. You are here on my like personnal pages.

The only link you will find tracing my post on the Internet is that I\'m working for a company named ASAP QA Localization.

Great. Am I going to supply my glossaries to an anonymous company? No points for guessing...

France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Absolutely not Feb 12, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-02-12 16:45, Lemster wrote:

There\'s no imprint on the site (at least not one that\'s easily recognisable as such), and the text on the home page reads:

Quote:

The only link you will find tracing my post on the Internet is that I\'m working for a company named ASAP QA Localization.

Great. Am I going to supply my glossaries to an anonymous company? No points for guessing...

The principle of this software (which is entirely free) consists in forwarding you a tool to dowload several existing glossaries (there is a download topic on the main page) and to create yours. You may be able to share it with others.

If you have any question, may I advise you to contact the Dev ? He will be able to answer you more accurately since he is the originator of the soft... I\'m just a user who finds this tool useful and very user-friendly.

Best regards

Isa

Ines Garcia Botana  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:58
English to Spanish
+ ...
Only French /English? Feb 13, 2003

!-- BBCode Quote Start -->Quote:
]

On 2003-02-12 17:22, IsaPro wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

The principle of this software (which is entirely free) consists in forwarding you a tool to dowload several existing glossaries (there is a download topic on the main page) and to create yours. You may be able to share it with others.

If you have any question, may I advise you to contact the Dev ? He will be able to answer you more accurately since he is the originator of the soft... I\'m just a user who finds this tool useful and very user-friendly.

Best regards

Isa

Is this useful tool only for English/French languages?

France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No, of course not... Feb 13, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-02-13 02:02, Missines wrote:

!-- BBCode Quote Start -->Quote:
]

On 2003-02-12 17:22, IsaPro wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Best regards

Isa

Is this useful tool only for English/French languages?

[/quote]

To reply your question, this tool works with every existing language. When you set up your own configuration, you can select as many language pairs as you want. Working with only two languages would have been a bit restrictive.

This tool is dedicated to all translators and linguists, whatever their language is.

Once downloaded, the software includes a front page which gives you all the process to use your software depending on your own needs.

Just have a look at it!

Isa

xxxTimeinTime
English to French
+ ...
It is a great place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks Feb 13, 2003

And hope this time my reply will not take out.

Nikita Kobrin  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 22:58
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
It's impossible to install Feb 13, 2003

Each time I try all I get is an error message about \"illegal operation\".

It\'s a pity - good glossary making software is just the thing I do need at the moment but can\'t find.

Regards,

Nikita Kobrin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

e-Glossaires

Advanced search

Translation news

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs