Mobile menu

Swiss German>English dictionary
Thread poster: eva75

+ ...
Nov 3, 2007

I need to consult a Swiss German >English dictionary. Does anyone know if there are any reliable ones available online. I'm doing a financial translation and not getting far with a normal German dictionary.

Direct link Reply with quote

Johanna Timm, PhD  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:33
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Swisskiosk Nov 3, 2007

Try "Swisskiosk", great collection of links on Swiss law:

...and here's a (small) Swiss German-English legal dico:

ibz  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:33
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
UBS glossary Nov 5, 2007

You could try the "UBS Bankfachwörterbuch" at It's not a dictionnary but rather a glossary with more than 2,400 terms.
BTW, a good address for specific Swiss terms is the official website Here you can find lots of documents in German, French, Italian and English.

Hope that helps!

Sascha Stocker
Local time: 19:33
German to English
+ ...
Swiss Legal English Dictionary Nov 4, 2009

Maybe this German-English dictionary helps you. It is especially made for Legal English and for Lawyers working with Swiss law:

I hope this helps!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Swiss German>English dictionary

Advanced search

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs