Aurora Humarán (X)
Aurora Humarán (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 04:48
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 25, 2003

¡Hola Colegas!

The type of glossary I love: it gives you the equivalent in English of the word or concept you are looking for and then it explains the word/concept in Spanish.

Unfortunately, and following a trend I do not agree with, too many words are left untranslated (e.g: blind test, broker, mailing, all \"brand\" combinations... not to mention the word \"Marketing\" itself which could have been perfectly translated as COMERCIALIZACIÓN
... See more
¡Hola Colegas!

The type of glossary I love: it gives you the equivalent in English of the word or concept you are looking for and then it explains the word/concept in Spanish.

Unfortunately, and following a trend I do not agree with, too many words are left untranslated (e.g: blind test, broker, mailing, all \"brand\" combinations... not to mention the word \"Marketing\" itself which could have been perfectly translated as COMERCIALIZACIÓN, MERCADOTECNIA or MERCADEO depending on the country in question....)

Except for that detail (?)... a very useful tool,

Cheers! Au

http://www.adlatina.com/html/glosario/glosarioR.php3

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-02-25 15:57]
Collapse

Andrea Ali
Andrea Ali  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Great! Feb 25, 2003

Already added to my favorites list!

Thanks and regards! :^)

Andrea

olgutsa
olgutsa
Spanish to Russian
+ ...
one more... Feb 25, 2003

Dear Aurora, thank you for a useful link. One more similar link:

http://www.marketingdirecto.com/glosario/lista_terminos.php?inicial=A

At the same time I have to disagree with you on the translation of the word marketing: comercialización means sales, which is a different thing, mercadotecnia means sales promotion, which is not marketing either. As fo
... See more
Dear Aurora, thank you for a useful link. One more similar link:

http://www.marketingdirecto.com/glosario/lista_terminos.php?inicial=A

At the same time I have to disagree with you on the translation of the word marketing: comercialización means sales, which is a different thing, mercadotecnia means sales promotion, which is not marketing either. As for mercadeo, I\'ve never heard it in Spain.

On the other hand I DO agree with you on the need of translating a term when the translation is perfectly possible. I hate hearing \"target\" when there is \"grupo objetivo\" )
Collapse

Aurora Humarán (X)
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Feb 25, 2003

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-02-25 17:21]

olgutsa
olgutsa
Spanish to Russian
+ ...
marketing Feb 25, 2003

That is why the strategy of the marketing area targets at the CONSUMER and the strategy of the sales area tries to reach the one with the purchase decision (the BUYER). Yes, it may sound subtle...try to convince a \"Marketing guy\"...

To make it even more complex (and interesting )) let\'s add trade and distribution to the picture ) If you feel like talking about consu
... See more
That is why the strategy of the marketing area targets at the CONSUMER and the strategy of the sales area tries to reach the one with the purchase decision (the BUYER). Yes, it may sound subtle...try to convince a \"Marketing guy\"...

To make it even more complex (and interesting )) let\'s add trade and distribution to the picture ) If you feel like talking about consumer habits and perception, feel free to write me. I have problems finding people as passionate as I am about marketing )

Sincerely,

a sociologist with a master\'s degree in marketing )

Collapse

José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)
José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aurora... Feb 25, 2003

There was no need to remove the comments.

It was just that the discussion was moving rapidly from the \'frame\' of this Forum - sharing links and resources. It was turning into an analysis of the word and its translation.

You protected your loved baby: marketing profession. We all tend to \'jump\' if our loved ones are slightly questioned.

Thank you for your understanding. Your KudoZ
... See more
There was no need to remove the comments.

It was just that the discussion was moving rapidly from the \'frame\' of this Forum - sharing links and resources. It was turning into an analysis of the word and its translation.

You protected your loved baby: marketing profession. We all tend to \'jump\' if our loved ones are slightly questioned.

Thank you for your understanding. Your KudoZ question, http://www.proz.com/kudoz/374788, is heating up and will provide great food for thought regarding the question: Are \'marketing\' and \'comercialización\' the same?

Hasta luego mi amor,

JL
Collapse

Aurora Humarán (X)
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Segmentation... Feb 25, 2003

Olgutsa,

Of course I will be more than glad to talk about selling ideas, the mind of the prospect, the laws of marketing, consumption habits, trade marketing, the POWERFUL distribution channels, Mr. Trout, Kotler´s four P´s, and the four C´s and Ries, et al...

“ Perception is reality - Everything else is an illusion”.

JL: I emailed my \"comments\" to Olgutsa before
... See more

Olgutsa,

Of course I will be more than glad to talk about selling ideas, the mind of the prospect, the laws of marketing, consumption habits, trade marketing, the POWERFUL distribution channels, Mr. Trout, Kotler´s four P´s, and the four C´s and Ries, et al...

“ Perception is reality - Everything else is an illusion”.

JL: I emailed my \"comments\" to Olgutsa before deleting them. Thank you.

Do I need to come with my mum tomorrow? Au
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SP > ENG ADVERTISING GLOSSARY

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »