Mac terminology glossary (EN>DE) wanted ! ;)
Thread poster: TService (X)
TService (X)
TService (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:46
English to German
Feb 26, 2003

I thought that I\'d never need it (to be honest: I hoped so) - but I need a glossary to find translations of Mac-related terms like \"carbonized\" and other terms related to Mac operation, installing and so on.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Guckst du hier... Feb 26, 2003

...I guess this might contain what you\'re looking for:

ftp://ftp.apple.com/developer/Tool_Chest/Localization_Tools/Apple_Intl_Glossaries/

According to the text file, this should contain the translation of Mac-specific terminology into 34 languages - I didn\'t research it any further, though.

Good luck - R
... See more
...I guess this might contain what you\'re looking for:

ftp://ftp.apple.com/developer/Tool_Chest/Localization_Tools/Apple_Intl_Glossaries/

According to the text file, this should contain the translation of Mac-specific terminology into 34 languages - I didn\'t research it any further, though.

Good luck - Ralf

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-02-26 21:40]
Collapse

Forna (X)
Forna (X)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Try this Feb 26, 2003

ftp://ftp.apple.com/developer/Tool_Chest/Localization_Tools/Apple_Intl_Glossaries/Apple_Intl_Glossaries_TXT/

If you don\'t suceed, e-mail back. I\'ll see another way to help you.

Good luck

FORna

Marcus Malabad
Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
German to English
+ ...
http://developer.apple.com/intl/localization.html Feb 26, 2003

Hi Joern,

The link posted by Ralk above has been deactivated long ago. I\'ve tried it before.

Try the site above. It\'s Apple\'s localization division. Scroll down and you\'ll find the link to the German glossary. Unfortunately, it\'s a compressed file with the file extension *.sit. The application to un-compress (or in the company\'s lingo: un-expand) this file can be downloaded from:

... See more
Hi Joern,

The link posted by Ralk above has been deactivated long ago. I\'ve tried it before.

Try the site above. It\'s Apple\'s localization division. Scroll down and you\'ll find the link to the German glossary. Unfortunately, it\'s a compressed file with the file extension *.sit. The application to un-compress (or in the company\'s lingo: un-expand) this file can be downloaded from:

http://www.stuffit.com/expander/

Once un-expanded, you can only open the files contained there with a Mac.

HTH

Marcus

Here\'s another source:

ftp://ftp.apple.com/developer/Tool_Chest/Localization_Tools/Apple_Intl_Glossaries/Apple_Intl_Glossaries_TXT/

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-02-26 18:57]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Er... parallel universe? Feb 26, 2003

Hi Marcus...

Quote:

...aaaaand then...

Quote:

Here\'s anot... See more
Hi Marcus...

Quote:

...aaaaand then...

Quote:

Here\'s another source:

...sudden revival?

Collapse

Marcus Malabad
Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
German to English
+ ...
links Feb 26, 2003

click on the links, Ralf

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Grrr.... Feb 26, 2003

...got you - for some reason, \"http\" gets inserted in the link reference... no wonder that doesn\'t work... cheers, mate.

TService (X)
TService (X)  Identity Verified
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
That helps ! ;) Feb 27, 2003

It\'s not exactly what I was looking for (I am still seeking for equivalents for application names e. g. \'print center\' or \'system preferences\') - but that helps with a great deal of other questions.

Thank you !

Sabine Nay
Sabine Nay  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Mac OS 9-Glossar verzweifelt auch von mir gesucht... Feb 27, 2003

Print Center laut Glossar

1. Print Center

2. Druckerauswahl

System Preferences ebenfalls laut Glossar

Systemeinstellungen

HDH

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mac terminology glossary (EN>DE) wanted ! ;)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »