Mobile menu

Spanish / English Model Letters & Texts (Business, Legal, etc)
Thread poster: Berni Armstrong

Berni Armstrong  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:01
+ ...
Mar 1, 2003

Hi all,

in this second semester at the University I am teaching translation of Spanish business letters, legal texts, etc. into English.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a web based resource with downloadable examples of such texts. (Basic texts - nothing too difficult for beginners).

I have spent the afternoon on Google and have found some stuff, but nothing brilliant. Maybe someone on Proz knows a great link to some good modern examples and can stop me reinventing the wheel.

In fact such links might also be useful for anyone here who is new to the profession. They would be able to see model texts which might just contain the phrases they were looking for.

Thanks in advance for your help,

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-03-01 18:54]

Direct link Reply with quote
xxxLia Fail  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:01
Spanish to English
+ ...
Some ideas, but no concret e answers Mar 1, 2003

Hi Berni

I would be interested in any replies you receive but I have often searched for legal stuff, especially models, and found nothing, altho\' there are glossaries and such, so if I find anything I think might be useful, I will let you have it.

As foir business letters, one place is in the Oxford Sp-En, perhaps also in the Collins, they have some standard letter formats, altho\' don\'t know if they are exactly what you are looking for.

I also have access to a brilliant library this year, so will check to see if there are any useful resources in the area (I had this task pending anyway..)

Another possibility is to investigate corpora, electronic databases of material, as of yet I haven\'t been working with any Spanish ones, but I do believe there is an EU multilingual database...

Nora Escoms  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:01
English to Spanish
+ ...
Here's one Mar 1, 2003

This one has many different kinds of model documents, inclusing business and legal. I hope you\'ll find it useful.

Marcela Robaina Boyd  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:01
English to Spanish
+ ...
writing resources Mar 3, 2003

once there go to teacher resources

and writing

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spanish / English Model Letters & Texts (Business, Legal, etc)

Advanced search

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs