Millan Gonzalez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:30
Member (2006)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 2, 2007

Dear colleagues,

Maybe you know any agency specializing in classical music? I would be very interested in applying with them...

Thank you very much!!

Best regards,

Millán

Direct link Reply with quote

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Narrow subject Dec 3, 2007

Millan Gonzalez wrote:

Dear colleagues,

Maybe you know any agency specializing in classical music? I would be very interested in applying with them...

Thank you very much!!

Best regards,

Millán

Hi Millán,

That seems like a very narrow and unprofitable subject for any agency to specialize in.
I think you'd be better off calling to the big record companies directly. Why don't you get in touch with Deutsche Grammophon and the like, to find out how they manage their translation needs?!

/Jan

PAS  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
Volume? Dec 3, 2007

Millan, classical music is a niche market and I would not expect much demand for translation that would be sent to agencies...

The really big guys (Deutsche Grammophon, EMI etc.) have their own translators - I usually see the same names on CD booklets.
Booking agencies? Festivals?

I have written to a number of local classical record companies in Poland, offering my services and I have done a number of jobs (booklets, promo materials etc.), but the volume has not been overwhelming and the rates were well... let's just say I did it just to break away from my every-day mundane technical stuff, for the love of music.

Not much help, I'm afraid, but that's my experience in this field.

Pawel Skalinski
Warsaw, Poland

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Agencies specialized in classical music

Advanced search

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs