Automobile Glossary GER>EN
Thread poster: Desmond Cullen

Desmond Cullen
Local time: 06:51
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dec 3, 2007

Hi there!

Would any kind soul tell me if there is a comprehensive and reliable German>English automobile glossary on the Internet? I've been commissioned a subtitling/translation project about the Audi4 and there are lots of terms relating to the engine, gears and shock absorbers. I want to check the terminology, but don't have any very reliable sources. I'm waiting for the client to give me some feedback, but I haven't heard anything yet.

Any ideas would be be greatly appreciated.

All the best.

Direct link Reply with quote
Kevin Fulton
United States
Local time: 00:51
German to English
Nothing comprehensive Dec 4, 2007

Here are a couple that might help
DaimlerChrysler glossary

Here's a multilingual Bosch glossary. It's reliable, but disappointingly not comprehensive, especially since Bosch's translated manuals of generally of a high quality

Carola Stone
Local time: 06:51
English to German
+ ...
For shockers, the best one is in my head. Dec 10, 2007

Hi Desmond,

For general automotive terms, I have found this one useful:

As far as shock absorbers are concerned, I am afraid the best one is in my head, having worked in the business for 11 years.

I might be able to help you with a term or two. Place them in the KudoZ section, and I will do what I can. You never know, you might get a few more suggestions and sites to guide you further.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Automobile Glossary GER>EN

Advanced search

Translation news

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs