Mobile menu

Word counter in Powerpoint 2007
Thread poster: Ron Stelter
Ron Stelter  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:05
Partial member (2003)
German to English
Dec 11, 2007

Quick question: I can't find the character counter for Powerpoint 2007. I'm sure it's here somewhere. 2003 was a real day at the beach next to this one...Would anyone know off the top of their head?

Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

Hidetoshi Kudo  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 19:05
Member (2007)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Use free soft Dec 11, 2007

I have PP2007. I dont think it has such a fantastic funtion.

http://pcwin.com/popular/Free_Word_Count-1.htm

This might help.

ÇAĞDAŞ MANDALI  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 12:05
English to Turkish
+ ...
Google it! Dec 12, 2007

For PPT presentations, I always send one copy of the translated file from my gmail address to my own hotmail address, go to "sent" folder of my gmail account and view the document as HTML, copy all the text and paste to a Word document. It just takes about 30 seconds and it provides the exact word, line and character count.

Textklick  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:05
German to English
+ ...
Top of my head Dec 12, 2007

Ron Stelter wrote:

Quick question: I can't find the character counter for Powerpoint 2007. I'm sure it's here somewhere. 2003 was a real day at the beach next to this one...Would anyone know off the top of their head?

Thanks.

Hi Ron

Click on> File/Properties then on 'Statistics' (albeit PPT 200), so apologies if that doesn't work in later versions

Chris

Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 04:05
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
50% Apr 7, 2008

ÇAĞDAŞ MANDALI wrote:

For PPT presentations, I always send one copy of the translated file from my gmail address to my own hotmail address, go to "sent" folder of my gmail account and view the document as HTML, copy all the text and paste to a Word document. It just takes about 30 seconds and it provides the exact word, line and character count.

Hi, it's useful when dealing with slides-only files. But there are also many footnotes which unfortunately are not translated.

Is there any special program for a total word count in PPTs?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word counter in Powerpoint 2007

Advanced search

Translation news

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs