old irish grammar
Thread poster: zmejka
zmejka  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:26
Russian to English
+ ...
Mar 11, 2003

hi, everyone!

i desperately need some literature on old irish grammar, but can\'t find anything worthwhile online. perhaps you know a site that google doesn\'t?

i\'m particularly interested in the two books listed below, and though i don\'t suppose they can be found anywhere on the web, maybe some of you russian guys who might be reading this have an idea where they can be found in russia. (yeah yeah, wishful thinking, but hope dies last))

i\'d be grateful for any other resources on old irish grammar that you might know/share. thanks.

1. Lehmann, R. P. M. and W. P. Lehmann. An Introduction to Old Irish. New York: The Modern Language Association of America, 1975. ISBN 0-87352-288-5. Be sure to get the revised reprint from 1991 or later; the previous version is full of errors, and some remain even in the revised edition.

2. Thurneysen, Rudolf. A Grammar of Old Irish. Trans. and revised by D. Binchy and Osborn Bergin. Dublin: Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, 1946; repr. 1980. ISBN 0901282332.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:26
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Amazon has both of them Mar 11, 2003

Amazon Books at has both these books listed, the Lehmann one for $19.75 and the Thurneysen one for $23.00,

but I\'ve no idea of how difficult it might be to get deliveries from Amazon in Russia.

zmejka  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:26
Russian to English
+ ...
Thanks, Jack! Mar 13, 2003

yeah, i\'ve seen them on amazon, but hoped that perhaps they can be found somewhere closer.)) in fact, i\'ve already found a xerox of the lehrmann-lehrmann book, so there\'s still hope for the other one...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

old irish grammar

Advanced search

Translation news

Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs