Mobile menu

Nice freeware for OOS/RSI Prevention - reminds you to take a break, do exercises
Thread poster: Nikita Kobrin

Nikita Kobrin  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:04
English to Russian
+ ...
Mar 13, 2003

Break Reminder is OOS/RSI Prevention Software. I like this freeware greatly - it reminds me that it\'s time to take a break which I often forget. It even suggests some basic exercises to do.

OOS (Occupational Overuse Syndrome) also known as RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury) is an injury that is becoming more and more common in today\'s computer intensive world. OOS/RSI can be very painful and debilitating if not treated early. With this in mind, the best cure is prevention, though if the injury already exists, it requires strict work methods to allow recovery. Break Reminder can help achieve this.

Break Reminder is a program to help prevent OOS/RSI and to assist in the healing process if these or similar conditions already exist.

Main Screenshot and Micropause notice

It has a small program interface that discretely runs in the background monitoring your computer use, which uses timers (to your settings) that remind you to take a break.

I would recommend this programme to all those spending much time at a copmputer.

Nikita Kobrin

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-03-14 00:35]

Direct link Reply with quote

Local time: 06:04
Tagalog to English
+ ...
I'll try it, thanks! Mar 30, 2003

On 2003-03-13 20:59, Nikita Kobrin wrote:

I would recommend this programme to all those spending much time at a copmputer.

Early 2001, I had to undergo physical therapy for carpal tunnel syndrome, one of the many fun side effects of repetitive finger/hand/wrist motions - I got it from using my computer for as long as 6 hours straight, especially when I\'m online, even though I\'m a keyboard-shortcut addict.

I tried to use Microsoft Outlook\'s reminders, but I could barely work with Outlook activated. I\'m down to going just 4 hours straight instead of 6 now, and I really need this sort of help. Many thanks.

Veronica Durbaca  Identity Verified

English to Romanian
+ ...
thaks a lot, it's really useful Apr 1, 2003

especially when I don\'t translate, but just check things out over the net...

DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:04
Member (2003)
Georgian to English
+ ...
Thanks vey much Apr 1, 2003

just what I need.......

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Nice freeware for OOS/RSI Prevention - reminds you to take a break, do exercises

Advanced search

Translation news

Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs