Mobile menu

Looking for copy of Van den End Juridisch Lexicon
Thread poster: Susan Hammons

Susan Hammons  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:19
Dutch to English
+ ...
Jan 29, 2008

Does anyone have a copy of this that you would like to sell for a reasonable price? I don't really care what condition it is in as long as it is still usable, but I do need it immediately (by Thursday 31 Jan). I could pick it up from Amsterdam, if you happened to be there.

Alternatively, where could I buy it new/second-hand, and does it really cost € 215?

Direct link Reply with quote

Lawyer-Linguist  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 02:19
Dutch to English
+ ...
3rd edition, September 2005 Jan 29, 2008

Hi Susan,

Make sure if you buy a second-hand copy that you get the third edition, September 2005, as that was an extensive rework and is better than the older versions.

There is also a CD version and an online version. You can order directly from www.gatewayvertalingen.nl.

[Edited at 2008-01-29 20:57]

Susan Hammons  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:19
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 30, 2008

Thanks. I have seen that I can take a one-month trial subscription to the web version. I think I'll do that, and see how useful it is while checking this project. I only ever do fairly general legal work, so I'm not sure the investment is worthwhile right now, though I would like to get the book one day.

Lawyer-Linguist  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 02:19
Dutch to English
+ ...
Good idea Jan 30, 2008

Susan Hammons wrote:

Thanks. I have seen that I can take a one-month trial subscription to the web version. I think I'll do that, and see how useful it is while checking this project. I only ever do fairly general legal work, so I'm not sure the investment is worthwhile right now, though I would like to get the book one day.

For future reference, it is a good investment if you decide to take on more legal work. In fact, almost indispensible, because it's viewed as the "bible" of legal translation with precious little competition in the NL»EN market.

As a lawyer, I don't agree with entries sometimes and, at times, the EN doesn't quite hit the spot, but no dictionary is ever going to be perfect. It is just a resource, but a very valuable one and generally accurate. I use it at least once or twice a day myself, even though legalese is second nature to me because of my training.

Good luck with your project
Debs

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for copy of Van den End Juridisch Lexicon

Advanced search

Translation news

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs