Thread poster: Angel_7
Angel_7
Angel_7  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:43
French to English
+ ...
Feb 26, 2008

Can anyone recommend any good dictionaries in this combination? I have the Bridge's Council of Europe dictionary, which in and of itself is not enough. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jennifer Forbes
Jennifer Forbes  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:43
French to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Dahl's Law Dictionary Feb 27, 2008

Angel_7 wrote:

Can anyone recommend any good dictionaries in this combination? I have the Bridge's Council of Europe dictionary, which in and of itself is not enough. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

As well as Bridge's Council of Europe dictionary, I have Dahl's Law Dictionary, published by Dalloz, Paris 1995, which I bought in 2002.
I got them both at Grant & Cutler in Great Marlborough Street, London W1, which, as you doubtless know, sells a vast range of foreign language books. They may well have others in stock now. Worth finding out.
Personally, I don't find Dahl as useful as Bridge, but it's thorough.
Best wishes,
Jenny

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Legal dictionaries, French-English

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »