Thread poster: Shouguang Cao
Shouguang Cao
Shouguang Cao  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 00:32
English to Chinese
+ ...
Mar 13, 2008

Recently I have working on a large project which involves hundreds of word .doc files. The translations firm has built a glossary. But as we translate, we feel that translations of some keywords should be changed.

Yes, I simply need to hit "ctrl+H" and pick "replace all". But it is such a headache to open all files one by one to repeat the same operation. I need a program that does multple file replacing.

Finally I got some time to make this little program (special than
... See more
Recently I have working on a large project which involves hundreds of word .doc files. The translations firm has built a glossary. But as we translate, we feel that translations of some keywords should be changed.

Yes, I simply need to hit "ctrl+H" and pick "replace all". But it is such a headache to open all files one by one to repeat the same operation. I need a program that does multple file replacing.

Finally I got some time to make this little program (special thanks to Ibrahim Elnazak and Brad Martinez). It's developed out of Ibrahim (Ibby) Elnazak's Macro code (http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/BatchFR.htm)

The program should run properly if you have VB6 runtime and Microsoft Office installed on your computer. I hope you will find it useful.

http://www.jointheflatworld.com/en/batchreplacer.zip

Good night!

[Edited at 2008-03-13 19:30]
Collapse

Silvia Nigretto
Silvia Nigretto  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:32
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
Thank you! Mar 13, 2008

I had the same problem some time ago....
Thank you very much for making it!
Silvia

Eman Riesh
Eman Riesh  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:32
Arabic to English
+ ...
Thanks Mar 15, 2008

Thanks a lot, Dallas for sharing your effort. We all have been through this problem at least for once, and surely it is incessant.
Eman

Shouguang Cao
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Silvia and Jasmen Mar 16, 2008

Thank you for your nice words. Should you have download it, please download again for I have made some changes to it.

Oana Ladariu
Oana Ladariu
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:32
English
Thank you! Mar 20, 2008

Hi Dallas,

What a wonderful idea! Thank you so much for sharing it!

Have a great day!

Oana

Milton Guo
Milton Guo  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
Microsoft should hire this Guy! Mar 25, 2008

Dallas did what Bill Gates had neglected to or chosen not to do.

Thanks for this marvellous tool for free

Shouguang Cao
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 13, 2008

Oana Ladariu wrote:

Hi Dallas,

What a wonderful idea! Thank you so much for sharing it!

Have a great day!

Oana

Thank you Oana. I got a job from lingo24 recently. It is great to be back again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

BatchReplacer- search and replace multple Microsoft word files

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »