Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5]
Make an underpriviliged child feel special and famous.
Thread poster: Schwabamädle
Schwabamädle
Schwabamädle
Canada
Local time: 09:06
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
New leadership roles Jan 15, 2008

Krzysztof Rączkowiak
[email protected] from Poland who is already heavily involved in T4K, has been generous enough to offer even more of his valuable time to give our project a further welcome boost.

Krzysztof has now also taken on the task of coordinating the activities of the Collection Team and also working as a Leader in the and Co
... See more
Krzysztof Rączkowiak
[email protected] from Poland who is already heavily involved in T4K, has been generous enough to offer even more of his valuable time to give our project a further welcome boost.

Krzysztof has now also taken on the task of coordinating the activities of the Collection Team and also working as a Leader in the and Concept Team, which means that he will work closely with the Publishing Team because of his outstanding writing abilities and to bring messages across sensitively. He is very in tuned with children’s need and how to approach them.

Congratulation and welcome to our Team Krzysztof Rączkowiak your help is greatly appreciated.

I also would like to welcome

Niraja Nanjundan,
[email protected] has also offered to take on this responsibility of being a Collection Team Leader ,in India. Her great ideas to have monthly meetings with new volunteers and guiding them through the process of collecting stories are very valuable to us.

Sincerley

Andrea Di Marco
[email protected]

TRANSLATORS4KIDS

Connecting Cultures, Word by Word

Translators4Kids
40, rue de Maubeuge
75009 PARIS
France
Web: Translators4Kids
Email: [email protected]

[Edited at 2008-01-15 15:42]
Collapse

Schwabamädle
Schwabamädle
Canada
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Your idea about creating a poster is great. Jan 15, 2008

Hello dear Eliza,

I have thought about your idea again and think it is a very nice initiative from you to offer your time to develop a marketing strategie for Translators4kids. I will contact you through your e-again.

Kind regards,
Andrea

eliza14 wrote:

Hi Andrea,

Your project sounds fantastic and I would love to get involved...

As I understand it, what you are needing now is not translators, but actually people to help gather submissions from underprivileged children to be published in the book, correct?

Do you have a campaign poster of any sort? To get word out, maybe put posters in strategic places, the posters would include:

1. Short explanation of the project
2. Suggestions of suitable places/ methods to find suitable children
3. Simple, step by step instructions on submission details
4. Naturally, eye catching text and graphics.

I used to sideline as a graphic designer in (one of) my past life, and would be happy to put together a campaign poster for you. Anyone could then download and print off the posters from your website to distribute/ display in public areas.

Let me know what you think anyway...

Schwabamädle
Schwabamädle
Canada
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Marisa Pavan is a very devoted member of Translators4kids Jan 16, 2008

Marisa, has submitted some stories and has worked very hard. I really would like to say my sincere thanks to her, here in this forum.
Your experience is very useful, because you did the whole road of paper work and so on. You always have been waiting for our sometimes delayed response and not given up at all.

In other words I think you are so so awesome!!

Bye bye dear Marisa....

Marisa Paván wrote:

Hi everybody!

I can tell you my experience as a collector of children's writing pieces for the project. I had your same sensation at the beginning and I thought I cannot stop children in the street and give them a sheet of paper to make them write something. Then, I had the idea of looking for an institution in my city where underprivileged children spend the day.I was lucky to contact an institution that offers workshops for these children and they already had collections of stories written by the children.
I hope my experience is useful.
Regards,
Marisa

Marisa Pavan
Marisa Pavan
Argentina
Local time: 10:06
English to Spanish
+ ...
T4K Book Project Jan 17, 2008

Thank you, Andrea, for your warm words. You've always been very encouraging and through your e-mails I've perceived your sensitivity.
I'm hopeful as regards the project and I know sooner or later it'll be a reality.

Krzysztof, if there's anything I can do for the project, I'm always ready so take me into account for anything I can do to help.

Kind Regards,
Marisa

Niraja Nanjundan (X)
Niraja Nanjundan (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:36
German to English
Thanks, Andrea Jan 18, 2008

Thank you for welcoming me, Andrea.

I will definitely do my best to get a team together in India and I hope we can make a valuable contribution to the project.

Best regards,
Niraja

Marta Scapellato
Marta Scapellato  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:06
Italian to French
+ ...
I will help too ! Jan 18, 2008

Hello everybody !

I would be very very pleased to be involved in the project too !

For any translation in the following language pairs : English, French and German into Italian and Italian into French, I will be glad to help.

I hope to meet you soon on the web !

Kind regards

Marta

Schwabamädle
Schwabamädle
Canada
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
We are in the progess of contacting each of you shortly Jan 19, 2008

Hi everybody,,

this is such overwhelming response I am just blown away by all your kindness.

I would like to announce that now the book will be ready in a couple of month....
.... THANK YOU....

Okay actually...if all of you would like to participate who wrote they would then this is what will happen.

We could start to donate money, food, water, to hurting children
We could inspire people to appreciate their own life more
We
... See more
Hi everybody,,

this is such overwhelming response I am just blown away by all your kindness.

I would like to announce that now the book will be ready in a couple of month....
.... THANK YOU....

Okay actually...if all of you would like to participate who wrote they would then this is what will happen.

We could start to donate money, food, water, to hurting children
We could inspire people to appreciate their own life more
We could inspire others to lend a helping hand in their own way
We could make people cry, laugh, thinking we can have all those emotions and channel it into one thing

MAKE A CHILD FEEL SPECIAL, FAMOUS, WANTED AND LOVED.

This is not any kind of advertisment...this is a real situation were all of us can do something about a bad situation and making children feel special at the same time.

This is my only approach I have to this situation...to be directly.

Please stay connected with to the ones we love most. OUR CHILDREN

Okay.... our newest update which will be very specific is coming soon...

Bye bye
Andrea
[email protected]

IMPORTANT. Our website www.translators4kids.com has been recently updated.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Make an underpriviliged child feel special and famous.

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »