Thread poster: LegalTransform

LegalTransform  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:26
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 3, 2005

You used to be able to purchase audio recordings of seminars given at previous ATA conferences. Does anyone know if these are still available and where I could purchase them? There used to be a site on-line where you could order them, but I can't seem to find it now.

Thanks,
Jeff Whittaker

[Edited at 2005-10-03 20:27]

Direct link Reply with quote

Luis Zepeda
United States
Local time: 09:26
Spanish to English
+ ...
ATA seminars on CD Oct 3, 2005

They are still available. just log in to atanet.org

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 18:26
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...

Luis Zepeda wrote:
They are still available. Just log in to atanet.org

Log in? Do you mean you need a username and password? Or is "log in" simply your way of saying "go to the web site"?

RobinB  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:26
German to English
Tapes and CD-ROM Oct 4, 2005

The ATA certainly used to tape presentations at the conferences, and you could buy a plain vanilla audio tape for the session you were interested in. I don't know if they still do that, as it's a couple of years since I last presented at an ATA conference.

What they have also done, though, is to produce a CD-ROM of the financial translation conference held in May this year. This includes audio recordings of the sessions, plus the actual (Powerpoint) presentations. The two are linked so that you can run through the session listening to the presentation and viewing the slideshow.

HTH,
Robin

Marian Greenfield  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
ATA sessions available on CD/DVD Oct 4, 2005

Hello Jeff,

Virtually all the sessions for the 2005 ATA Financial Translation Conference are available on 2-CD set at:
http://www.atanet.org/pd/finance/

No login is needed.

Sometime after the Annual Conference in Seattle (in November), a DVD will be available with most of the conference sessions, as will a "highlights" CD.

Watch the ATA website (http://www.atanet.org) for availability.

Best,
Marian S. Greenfield
ATA President-Elect and Conference Organizer

Jeff Whittaker wrote:

You used to be able to purchase audio recordings of seminars given at previous ATA conferences. Does anyone know if these are still available and where I could purchase them? There used to be a site on-line where you could order them, but I can't seem to find it now.

Thanks,
Jeff Whittaker

[Edited at 2005-10-03 20:27]

Bryan Saliamonas
United States
German to English
Thanks for this q & a Apr 10, 2006

I had the same question, and I just ordered the CD.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jorge Rodrigues[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ATA seminars on CD

Advanced search

Translation news

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs