Alaa Zeineldine
Alaa Zeineldine  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 18:44
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Oct 18, 2005

I am looking at the ATA's conference schedule to find out how many continuing education points does each session earn, but the information is not there. One would think that with the CE requirements for maintaining certification, this information should be visible somewhere near the session title so that people can plan accordingly. I looked also in the previous conference schedule and the info was not there either.

Does anyone know where to find this information?

Alaa

Cecilia Vela Segovia-Frund, CT
Cecilia Vela Segovia-Frund, CT  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 13:44
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
Yo'll be awarded 10 ATA CE Points ... Oct 18, 2005

if you assist to the Conference, notwithstanding the number of sessions you attend.

This is the maximum quantity of points you can collect in a year, so you'll be done for 2005!

I suggest you to apply the points you can obtain from sources other than courses & seminars (Professional Affiliations, Ethics On-line Seminar) to other years in the 3-year period. You'll then be close to the 20 CE points you need (a short accepted 5-hour seminar next year will complete the abou
... See more
if you assist to the Conference, notwithstanding the number of sessions you attend.

This is the maximum quantity of points you can collect in a year, so you'll be done for 2005!

I suggest you to apply the points you can obtain from sources other than courses & seminars (Professional Affiliations, Ethics On-line Seminar) to other years in the 3-year period. You'll then be close to the 20 CE points you need (a short accepted 5-hour seminar next year will complete the about 5 points you'll be missing).

I had a chat on these topics with ATA President Elect Marian Greenfield two months ago during her last visit to Buenos Aires.

Regards,

Cecilia Vela-Segovia Frund
ATA Certified Eng>Spa Translator (since 2000)

[Edited at 2005-10-18 23:50]

[Edited at 2005-10-18 23:53]
Collapse

Alaa Zeineldine
Alaa Zeineldine  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 18:44
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Did you mean "attend"? Oct 19, 2005

Thanks for the helpful info. I think you meant "attend" rather than "assist" below. I had already attended the 2004 conference, so based on your explanation, this automatically gives me 10 points. I also attended the Ethics Workshop in the same conference, but I suppose I cannot count that point since the max for one year is 10 points, but this may still fulfill the Ethics requirement.

Cecilia Vela Segovia-Frund wrote:

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with finding ATA CE points

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »