Thread poster: Anja Weggel
Anja Weggel
Anja Weggel  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:14
Member (2007)
English to German
Jan 3, 2006

Hi everyone,

I hope this is the right forum for this question...
I have been working as a translator for 3 years now and have a university degree in English and German but not a degree in translation studies. I would like to have something more formalized without doing another university degree.
Therefore, my question... there are a lot of associations (plus examinations) around... which one is worth considering? Any ideas on that?

Thanks a lot for your hel
... See more
Hi everyone,

I hope this is the right forum for this question...
I have been working as a translator for 3 years now and have a university degree in English and German but not a degree in translation studies. I would like to have something more formalized without doing another university degree.
Therefore, my question... there are a lot of associations (plus examinations) around... which one is worth considering? Any ideas on that?

Thanks a lot for your help
Best Wishes for the new year
Anja
Collapse

Mario Calvagna
Mario Calvagna
Local time: 10:14
English to Italian
+ ...
IOL DIP TRANS Jan 21, 2006

I have just taken the dip trans from IOL. May be you want to look into it.

Look for institute of Linguists on the internet
Mario

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What membership is right for me?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »