Thread poster: Carolyn Brice

Carolyn Brice  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 00:32
French to English
+ ...
Jan 23, 2006

Hi,

I was wondering how anyone who took the DipTrans exam this week found it, difficulty, etc, especially in the French to English combination.
I personally took the French to English combination and chose the business and law options.
The General Translation paper was quite straightforward, I thought. The business option was a little more difficult, and I was pleased with the text given in the law option.
What did anyone else think? Feedback on other language combinations would also be interesting.
Carolyn

Direct link Reply with quote

Catherine Christaki  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:32
English to Greek
+ ...
Business was quite difficult Jan 24, 2006

Hi Carolyn, same here. The general text was ok, the business text was quite hard, and the legal text was quite easy (or so I thought). It was a very tiring procedure though, too many hours, when I got home I was exhausted. By the way, my language combination was English>Greek, but I think that my texts were the same as yours. Was the subject of your Business paper hedge funds?

[Edited at 2006-01-24 13:04]

LESLEY LAWN  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:32
French to English
+ ...
dip trans Jan 25, 2006

Carolyn Brice wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering how anyone who took the DipTrans exam this week found it, difficulty, etc, especially in the French to English combination.
I personally took the French to English combination and chose the business and law options.
The General Translation paper was quite straightforward, I thought. The business option was a little more difficult, and I was pleased with the text given in the law option.
What did anyone else think? Feedback on other language combinations would also be interesting.
Carolyn

Hi--I took fr-eng. What a day. My brain was fried by hte end but it wasnt as bad as i thought in many ways. i did social science[opaque] and lit. which i actually enjoyed. Its good to hear what others thought --

Carolyn Brice  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 00:32
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This is what my texts were about... Jan 25, 2006

Catherine Christaki wrote:

Hi Carolyn, same here. The general text was ok, the business text was quite hard, and the legal text was quite easy (or so I thought). It was a very tiring procedure though, too many hours, when I got home I was exhausted. By the way, my language combination was English>Greek, but I think that my texts were the same as yours. Was the subject of your Business paper hedge funds?

[Edited at 2006-01-24 13:04]

No they weren't the same because I was translating from French. My business text was about the annual general meeting of a large French company and about investing in this company's shares. It wasn't particularly difficult, I thought. The law text was a newspaper article about record damages awarded to a French businessman after he sued a bank. So, again, quite straightforward. At least that's what I thought! Let's see if I still think that on results day!

Kala apotelesmata!

[Edited at 2006-01-26 08:27]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jorge Rodrigues[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Feedback on DipTrans exams

Advanced search

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs