Mobile menu

Do you know good translation associations and web sites?
Thread poster: Imad Almaghary
Imad Almaghary
Local time: 12:41
English to Arabic
+ ...
Apr 2, 2006

good morning professionals

Direct link Reply with quote

Maria Karra  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:41
Member (2000)
Greek to English
+ ...
list on Apr 2, 2006

Hi Imad,
You can start with this list:

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:41
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Associations but not websites Apr 3, 2006

That list of associations is very useful, but you won't get any websites rivalling ProZ in this forum. It is apparently against the rules to mention such websites here... I have never been able to find any such rule, but apparently there is an instruction to moderators to block such mentions and rebuke the offender.

xxxLia Fail  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:41
Spanish to English
+ ...
depends what you want Apr 3, 2006

...but at this stage, I know - after many years membership of an association in my home country a couple of hours flight away - that I want/need to be a member of a local association, so I can go to workshops and meetings locally

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:41
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Removed six postings from this thread Apr 4, 2006

Dear all,

this is to communicate that I have decided to remove several contributions to this thread. There has been a comment from a site user, and others have answered, questioning that comment and bringing this thread off-topic and into a rather unpleasant atmosphere.

After consulting with other Moderators I have decided, according to the site rules #2, #3, #7 and #8
(see to remove all postings not strictly related to the initial question and containing personal remarks.

Thank you for your understanding

[Edited at 2006-04-04 12:17]

Imad Almaghary
Local time: 12:41
English to Arabic
+ ...
A great job has been done Apr 4, 2006

Good morning moderator

Really I am fascinated for this great job. There are in essence words that are not pleasant and are off-topic.

Thanks Gianfranco

Best Regards
Mr. Imad Almaghary
Translator, writer and lecturer

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jorge Rodrigues[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs