Do you know good translation associations and web sites?
Thread poster: Imad Almaghary (X)
Imad Almaghary (X)
Imad Almaghary (X)
Local time: 14:34
English to Arabic
+ ...
Apr 2, 2006

good morning professionals

Thanks

Maria Karra
Maria Karra  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:34
Member (2000)
Greek to English
+ ...
list on ProZ.com Apr 2, 2006

Hi Imad,
You can start with this list:
http://www.proz.com/translator_associations

Maria

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:34
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Associations but not websites Apr 3, 2006

That list of associations is very useful, but you won't get any websites rivalling ProZ in this forum. It is apparently against the rules to mention such websites here... I have never been able to find any such rule, but apparently there is an instruction to moderators to block such mentions and rebuke the offender.

Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:34
Spanish to English
+ ...
depends what you want Apr 3, 2006

...but at this stage, I know - after many years membership of an association in my home country a couple of hours flight away - that I want/need to be a member of a local association, so I can go to workshops and meetings locally

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:34
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Removed six postings from this thread Apr 4, 2006

Dear all,

this is to communicate that I have decided to remove several contributions to this thread. There has been a comment from a site user, and others have answered, questioning that comment and bringing this thread off-topic and into a rather unpleasant atmosphere.

After consulting with other Moderators I have decided, according to the site rules #2, #3, #7 and #8
... See more
Dear all,

this is to communicate that I have decided to remove several contributions to this thread. There has been a comment from a site user, and others have answered, questioning that comment and bringing this thread off-topic and into a rather unpleasant atmosphere.

After consulting with other Moderators I have decided, according to the site rules #2, #3, #7 and #8
(see http://www.proz.com/forumrules/) to remove all postings not strictly related to the initial question and containing personal remarks.

Thank you for your understanding

bye
Gianfranco

[Edited at 2006-04-04 12:17]
Collapse

Imad Almaghary (X)
Imad Almaghary (X)
Local time: 14:34
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
A great job has been done Apr 4, 2006

Good morning moderator

Really I am fascinated for this great job. There are in essence words that are not pleasant and are off-topic.

Thanks Gianfranco

Best Regards
Mr. Imad Almaghary
Translator, writer and lecturer

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »