https://www.proz.com/forum/translators_associations/62826-indian_freelance_translators.html

Indian Freelance Translators
Thread poster: Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
French to Hindi
+ ...
Jan 6, 2007

Hi,

Here's a new group for Indian Freelance Translators (only for Freelancers):
http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=23423711

Please join and contribute.

Regards,

Ritu

abufaraz
abufaraz
Pakistan
Local time: 17:35
English to Urdu
+ ...
Translators from Pakistan Jan 6, 2007

Thanks Ritu, for posting about your community at Orkut. It is a very nice step for uniting the translators of this region on one platform for their betterment.

I have browsed it but before I go for its membership, I wanted to ask you whether the translators from Pakistan (Englis/Urdu) are allowed in it, as Urdu is one of the laguages frequently spoken in Indo-Pak.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards.

Ritu Bhanot
France
French to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
To Asghar Jan 6, 2007

Hi,

Thanks for your message... as the name suggests, it's a forum for Indians only but of course if you start a similar forum for Pakistani Translators, we'd be more than happy to link with you so that members of both groups can interact.

Hope to c u there,

Ritu

[Edited at 2007-01-06 08:06]

Ritu Bhanot
France
French to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
To Indian Freelance Translators Jan 6, 2007

Hi,

It's a free forum and any Indian translator (no agencies please) can join it.

In this sense Indian means Indian national as well as anyone who lives and works in India.
Hope to c u there.

Regards,

Ritu

[Edited at 2007-01-06 08:07]

Niraja Nanjundan (X)
Niraja Nanjundan (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:05
German to English
Thanks Jan 6, 2007

Hi Ritu,

Thanks for forming this group! As you know, I've already joined and look forward to more interaction on issues that concern Indian translators in particular.

Best regards,
Niraja

Ritu Bhanot
France
French to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Niraja Jan 6, 2007

Hi Niraja,

Thanks a lot for joining and starting it off. I just put it there formally, otherwise, it's the result of our work together in the form of those POWWOWS. (Remember?)

C u soon,

Ritu

Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
I have also joined. Jan 6, 2007

I hope to have fruitful and helpful interaction in respect of various issues related to translation.

Pundora
Pundora  Identity Verified
India
English to Hindi
+ ...
Wonderful step!!! Jan 6, 2007

Thanks very much Rituji.

I hope, more and more freelance translators will come forward and share their experiences, ideas and views.

Pundora

Ritu Bhanot
France
French to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
U R welcome Subhash JI Jan 6, 2007

And you can call me Ritu

C u there soon,

Ritu

[Edited at 2007-01-06 17:42]

Ramachandran Natarajan
Ramachandran Natarajan  Identity Verified
India
English to Tamil
+ ...
nrchandran Jan 8, 2007

Hi Ritu

I have just joined the forum. Let us make it mutually useful and non-political forum

Best Wishes

Ramachandran N

Ritu Bhanot wrote:

Hi,

Here's a new group for Indian Freelance Translators (only for Freelancers):
http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=23423711

Please join and contribute.

Regards,

Ritu

Jaspreet Kaur
Jaspreet Kaur  Identity Verified
India
Hindi to English
+ ...
Is it for Indian Freelance Translators or is it for Indian freelance agencies Feb 20, 2007

Hi I have visited your proposed group on orkut. I saw profiles of individual members. Surprisingly many of them are agencies. I wonder this group is for freelancers or agencies.

Best regards

[Edited at 2007-02-20 03:34]

Ritu Bhanot
France
French to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Indian Freelance Translators Feb 20, 2007

Hi Jaspreet,

Thanks for your message. Regarding the forum, it's Indian Freelance Translators and to the best of my knowledge I've already deleted those agencies who registered. But if there's an agency you know of, please give their profile links (and blueboard links).

We don't allow agencies but all translators are welcome.
Also, we don't allow empty profiles either as there's no way to know that they are not associated with some translators' bureau.

... See more
Hi Jaspreet,

Thanks for your message. Regarding the forum, it's Indian Freelance Translators and to the best of my knowledge I've already deleted those agencies who registered. But if there's an agency you know of, please give their profile links (and blueboard links).

We don't allow agencies but all translators are welcome.
Also, we don't allow empty profiles either as there's no way to know that they are not associated with some translators' bureau.

But in case you think that there is an agency post its name here and that person can respond here in an open forum.

We try our best so that they don't enter.

Best regards,

Ritu

P.S.: Anyone who is related to an agency or a person operating an agency (other than outsourcer-translator relationship) will not be allowed in this forum.

[Edited at 2007-02-20 04:39]
Collapse

Jaspreet Kaur
Jaspreet Kaur  Identity Verified
India
Hindi to English
+ ...
Please update Feb 20, 2007

Hi

Please update who were the agencies who were deleted from your forum ? Please also let us know who decides ? Please also let us know how you judge an individual to declare him or her a freelancer ?

Best regards

[Edited at 2007-02-20 05:12]

Ritu Bhanot
France
French to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still waiting for your answer Feb 20, 2007

to Jaspreet:

Answers to your questions are available on the forum.

Jaspreet, you said that there were some agencies... so why don't you answer my questions?

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 09:35
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Please stay on topic Feb 20, 2007

Jaspreet Kaur wrote:

Please update who were the agencies who were deleted from your forum ? Please also let us know who decides ? Please also let us know how you judge an individual to declare him or her a freelancer ?

This issue has been clarified above. Repplies should not stray from the posted topic, please see rule http://www.proz.com/siterules/forum/4#4

Regards,
Enrique Cavalitto

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Indian Freelance Translators

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »