Mobile menu

Vista "preview pane"
Thread poster: Lutz Molderings
Lutz Molderings  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:16
German to English
+ ...
May 22, 2008

There is this handy little feature called "preview pane" in Vista.
Unfortunately, it doesnt work for PDF files for me, although I have Adobe Acrobat installed.
In Outlook the PDF preview works fine.

Any ideas?

Direct link Reply with quote

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:16
Partial member
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Some possible solutions May 24, 2008

This problem is unfortunately pretty common.
I have 2 suggestions in mind.
1) Uninstall the current version of Adobe reader, disable the preview pane. Restart, Manually delete the folder in which Adobe reader was installed. Thank re-install the Adobe reader (with the preview pane disabled), re-activate the preview pane.

2) I think that the problem is mostly common with Adobe reader v8.1.X, so in case you use this version try uninstall the software (as I described above), and than instead of reinstall your current version of Adobe reader, try to install an earlier version (e.g v8.0).

The problem might originate from a conflict between the Vista preview handler and the new preview feature from Adobe, introduced in v8.1.

Maybe this will help.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Vista "preview pane"

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs