Thread poster: IanW (X)
IanW (X)
IanW (X)
Local time: 14:14
German to English
+ ...
Apr 1, 2004

Dear all,

I've recently noticed that I get a build-up of about thirty or forty temp files even on relatively short translations. These are presumably due to my tendency to press Control-S (save) every two minutes or so, and the temp files disappear as soon as I close the file, but I still find it very irritating.

Can anyone tell me if I can change the settings on my computer to avoid or minimise this?

Many thanks

Ian

Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Word- Options - Save Apr 1, 2004

Hi Ian

Maybe this is what you mean. Here you can choose to mark and unmark options such as backup copies and AutoRecover.

HTH:-)

Ailish

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
set autosave function May 9, 2004

Ian Winick wrote:

Dear all,

I've recently noticed that I get a build-up of about thirty or forty temp files even on relatively short translations. These are presumably due to my tendency to press Control-S (save) every two minutes or so, and the temp files disappear as soon as I close the file, but I still find it very irritating.

Can anyone tell me if I can change the settings on my computer to avoid or minimise this?

Many thanks

Ian
Hi! you can set your Autosave function at 2 min in word, and you do not need to press Crtl + S to save.This way you do not generate multiple Backup files ( temp files but only one, which will perpetually be overwritten every 2 min. That helps - brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Avoiding excess temp files

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »