https://www.proz.com/forum/windows_operating_systems/2089-problem_in_internet_connection_in_a_small_lan.html

Problem in Internet connection in a small LAN.
Thread poster: Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:37
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Apr 7, 2002

Has someone some experience in using the \"Internet connection sharing\" feature under Windows 2000? I tried to get access to internet from one PC, that was connected to antoher one via LAN (with only two PCs), but after I allowed the \"ICS\" on the first one which was connected to Internet with ADSL (also a second network card) I couldn´t get access on the other PC.

The configuration is:

The 1st PC (lets call it server): netword card configurated to access the Internet via
... See more
Has someone some experience in using the \"Internet connection sharing\" feature under Windows 2000? I tried to get access to internet from one PC, that was connected to antoher one via LAN (with only two PCs), but after I allowed the \"ICS\" on the first one which was connected to Internet with ADSL (also a second network card) I couldn´t get access on the other PC.

The configuration is:

The 1st PC (lets call it server): netword card configurated to access the Internet via T-Online (DSL), and a second network card to build up a LAN.

The 2nd PC (workstation): one network card connected with the \"server\".

The LAN is working properly, TCP/IP adresses are set, and the 2nd PC has a gateway on the adress I got after activating the ICS. But it still don´t work.

Has anybody any experience with? Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Best regards
Collapse

Michaela Müller
Michaela Müller
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Apr 7, 2002

Ich schreibe auf polnisch, dann wird´s schneller

Przypuszczam, ze byc moze chodzi o to, ze przy konfigoracji ICS wingroza zmienia IP karty sieciowej na 192.168.0.1 i subnetmask na 255.255.255.0 - takze jesli miales ustawione cos innego, powinienes to uwzglednic (2 komputer ma miec ustawienia: 192.168.0.x, subnetmask 255.255.255.0). Po Twoim opisie problemu tylko to przychodzi mi do glowy. Jesli to nie to, to opisz mi dokladniej ustawien
... See more
Ich schreibe auf polnisch, dann wird´s schneller

Przypuszczam, ze byc moze chodzi o to, ze przy konfigoracji ICS wingroza zmienia IP karty sieciowej na 192.168.0.1 i subnetmask na 255.255.255.0 - takze jesli miales ustawione cos innego, powinienes to uwzglednic (2 komputer ma miec ustawienia: 192.168.0.x, subnetmask 255.255.255.0). Po Twoim opisie problemu tylko to przychodzi mi do glowy. Jesli to nie to, to opisz mi dokladniej ustawienia systemow.

Osobiscie polecam ustawic serwerek na linuxie, bo wtedy konfiguruje sie jeszcze firewalla (a to procentuje).

Polecam lekture stronek:

http://lanzone.koti.com.pl (duzo wiadomosci o sieciach, windozie i wingate - co powinno Cie tez zainteresowac)

oraz

http://www.faq.net.pl (tutoriale o windowsie 2k)
Collapse

Michaela Müller
Michaela Müller
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Thank you! Apr 16, 2002

It is always good to get a feedback after having tried to help somebody. So, thank you very much!

RSI EN-ES (AA)
RSI EN-ES (AA)
Other
English to Spanish
+ ...
Save yourself the headache... May 30, 2002

Get a hub... and plug everything into it...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem in Internet connection in a small LAN.

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »