https://www.proz.com/forum/windows_operating_systems/22629-exporting_messages_from_outlook_express_6_to_another_computer.html

Exporting messages from Outlook Express 6 to another computer
Thread poster: linadia
linadia
linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
Jul 5, 2004

Hello,

I'd like to know how to export messages from Outlook Express 6 to another computer.

Thank you

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 06:46
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Easy Jul 6, 2004

You go to Tools > Settings and choose the group called maintenance (I don't know for sure the English title). There you see a button called 'store folder', than click the change button and browse to the location you want to store the messages. This could be a removable device like CD-W or a folder on your harddisk. When OE has stored the messages there, you copy them to the other computer and tell OE there the location using the same commands.

Ramesh Madhavan
Ramesh Madhavan  Identity Verified

Local time: 09:16
English
+ ...
Copy all the files from Store Folder Jul 6, 2004

I had faced this situation when I wanted to export messages from my desktop to my new laptop. The way to get a faithfull reproduction is to locate the store folder and copy the entire store folder to the new machine. Launch Outlook Express. Go to Tools > Options > Maintenance > Store Folder. It will now display the location of the Store Folder. Copy the entire contents and paste it in the Store Folder of the new machine. However, if you want to export only a few messages, you can open each of th... See more
I had faced this situation when I wanted to export messages from my desktop to my new laptop. The way to get a faithfull reproduction is to locate the store folder and copy the entire store folder to the new machine. Launch Outlook Express. Go to Tools > Options > Maintenance > Store Folder. It will now display the location of the Store Folder. Copy the entire contents and paste it in the Store Folder of the new machine. However, if you want to export only a few messages, you can open each of them and then save the message as a .eml file. You can then open these .eml files by going to File > Open.

[Edited at 2004-07-06 12:39]
Collapse

linadia
linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jul 6, 2004

Thank you all for your replies.

awilliams
awilliams
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:46
Italian to English
+ ...
Does this work from OE>Outlook? Jul 6, 2004

Hi there,
I was pleased to see this new forum as I'm in the process of moving data from my desktop to my laptop. Thanks for your invaluable advice.

Just one query - I use Outlook Express 6 on my desktop and intend to use Outlook (Office 2003 small business) on my laptop. The two are connected through an LAN at the moment - wireless is on the way. Are the two mail programs compatible?
Thanks and have a good week,
A

[edit: I guess they are!]

[Edit
... See more
Hi there,
I was pleased to see this new forum as I'm in the process of moving data from my desktop to my laptop. Thanks for your invaluable advice.

Just one query - I use Outlook Express 6 on my desktop and intend to use Outlook (Office 2003 small business) on my laptop. The two are connected through an LAN at the moment - wireless is on the way. Are the two mail programs compatible?
Thanks and have a good week,
A

[edit: I guess they are!]

[Edited at 2004-07-15 00:23]
Collapse

linadia
linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Can't find store folder! Jul 9, 2004

Hello all again,

I tried to open the store folder so that I could copy it to the other computer as you told me (Tools / options / Maintenance / store folder) but couldn't trace the folder itself on my computer, is this possible?

I'm afraid to change location of the folder and lose all my old messages?

What should I do?

Thanks a lot

linadia
linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I finally managed to do it Jul 20, 2004

linadia wrote:

Hello all again,

I tried to open the store folder so that I could copy it to the other computer as you told me (Tools / options / Maintenance / store folder) but couldn't trace the folder itself on my computer, is this possible?

I'm afraid to change location of the folder and lose all my old messages?

What should I do?

Thanks a lot

It's OK now, I finally managed to transfer messages. But account information was not sent.

By the way, Incredimail has a very easy option to transfer messages to another computer.

Best regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exporting messages from Outlook Express 6 to another computer

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »