https://www.proz.com/forum/windows_operating_systems/28845-how_to_increase_the_font.html

how to increase the font?
Thread poster: Mueen Issa
Mueen Issa
Mueen Issa  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:45
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jan 27, 2005

Hello

I just formatted my computer, and the font in new Internet Explorer is small.
I tried to increase it by "view/text size , but nothing major happened.
I wonder if there is another way to do it. Thanx

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:45
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Tell me more about your computer Jan 27, 2005

What you can do, is to go to the advanced srceen options and change the font in Windows to big size.
In Screen options you can also change the font type and font size for major Windows viewing options, as Window, Background, Active menu, Inactive menu and so on.

But without knowing which OS I cannot tell you where the options are.
In general you get there via Start - Control Panel - Screen (or View? - I have german Windows; this is where you also can change the screen re
... See more
What you can do, is to go to the advanced srceen options and change the font in Windows to big size.
In Screen options you can also change the font type and font size for major Windows viewing options, as Window, Background, Active menu, Inactive menu and so on.

In general you get there via Start - Control Panel - Screen (or View? - I have german Windows; this is where you also can change the screen resolution).

Regards
Jerzy
Collapse

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
If you have a mouse with scroll wheel Jan 27, 2005

press control and roll it!
This work with all Microsoft applications.

Rgds

Toledo

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Sorry, but this does not increase font in any way Jan 27, 2005

Toledo wrote:

Rgds

Toledo

What you suggest ist just zooming, but this does not affect the system font settings in any way. It helps probably, but only just for the moment. Changing system font settings however is of more lasting effect.

Regards
Jerzy

Mueen Issa
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It is Windows Xp professional Jan 27, 2005

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

In general you get there via Start - Control Panel - Screen (or View? - I have german Windows; this is where you also can change the screen resolution).

Regards
Jerzy

Thank you Jerzy.
I am using Windows Xp, and I could not find "Screen" nor "View" in the control panel.

Mueen Issa
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Agree with Jerzy Jan 27, 2005

Toledo wrote:

Rgds

Toledo

Hello Toledo

I use this feature. it is as if you are zooming.

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Increasing system fonts in Windows XP Jan 27, 2005

Go to Start, Control Panel and select Display settings (at least this is what I suppose it to be). If it is the wrong name, please do a right click on your desktop and select "Properties".

You should come to display settings, which contains:
- Designs (does not interest us at this point)
- Desktop (does not interest us at this point)
- Screen saver (does not interest us at this point)
- Appearance
- Settings

In Appearance you ca tick the Ad
... See more
Go to Start, Control Panel and select Display settings (at least this is what I suppose it to be). If it is the wrong name, please do a right click on your desktop and select "Properties".

- Appearance
- Settings

In Appearance you ca tick the Advanced tab. There you can set the font type and size for different elements in Windows.

On the Settings page tick the Advanced tab. Usually it opens the General settings tab. If no, select "General".
Change the DPI-Setting to "Big (120 DPI)".
You will need to restart your system.

Now your fonts are set to big.

Regards
Jerzy

PS
Do not "play" to much with this settings. Better change only few of them and check, if the results are good. Sometimes a small change may take a big effect and mess up the display
Collapse

Mueen Issa
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jan 27, 2005

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

- Appearance
- Settings

In Appearance you ca tick the Advanced tab. There you can set the font type and size for different elements in Windows.

On the Settings page tick the Advanced tab. Usually it opens the General settings tab. If no, select "General".
Change the DPI-Setting to "Big (120 DPI)".
You will need to restart your system.

Now your fonts are set to big.

Regards
Jerzy

PS
Do not "play" to much with this settings. Better change only few of them and check, if the results are good. Sometimes a small change may take a big effect and mess up the display

Thanx Jerzy

It worked.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how to increase the font?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »