Vertical Windows XP taskbar
Thread poster: eirinn

eirinn  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:26
English to French
+ ...
Feb 1, 2005

First, sorry if this has been posted before, I have searched the forums and found nothing relating to this.

Due to my mouse that sometimes goes bonkers (ie goes suddenly to the X icon while I am actually working on another part of the window) and me working too fast to notice it on time, I simultaneously clicked something with my mouse on the screen and typed some letter on the keyboard yesterday. I have no clue where I clicked or what I typed. And suddenly my Windows taskbar (you know, with Start, Quicklaunch bar, programmes running, taskbar and clock) went vertical. I am kind of getting used to it, I have to! but I really prefer having it the horizontal way at the bottom of my screen. I know it happened to me once already, I found the solution by chance, but I can't find it anymore, and I see no option to change.
I'll be grateful to anybody who knows the solution.

Direct link Reply with quote

pep
English to Spanish
Unlock it and drag it Feb 1, 2005

You can do the following:

1. Unlock it if it is locked by right-clicking on it and making sure that "Lock the Taskbar" is not checked.

2. Just grab the bar and drag it to the bottom of the screen and drop it there.

I hope this helps.

Pep.

Jabberwock  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
Drag it! Feb 1, 2005

Click on the empty space on the taskbar and drag it to the bottom of the screen. That should work.

eirinn  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I am such a dork... Feb 1, 2005

Of course, I dragged, or tried to drag it several times, but never down to the bottom of the screen.

THANK YOU!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Vertical Windows XP taskbar

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs