Italian spell check?
Thread poster: lizzy g
lizzy g
lizzy g  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:53
Italian to English
Mar 2, 2005

Hello,

I have recently bought Windows XP. I thought that spell checks for different languages would already be on it - sadly no!

Does anyone know how I can install an Italian language spellchecker on to my computer? It has to be compatible with XP.

I've seen various downloads on the net, but want to know something is safe and works before downloading it on to my new computer!!!

Thank you,
Lizzy

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:53
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Windows is not a text processor Mar 2, 2005

and thus does not have any spell checking.
You are mixing up operating systems and office software.
I assume you are referring to the latter.

In order to get italian spell checking in Microsoft Office you can either buy an italian version of MS Office or buy Microsoft Proofing Tools - simpy check by any software reseller for what you´ll find more convenient to your purpose.

Regards
Jerzy

lizzy g
lizzy g  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:53
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your response, Jerzy! Mar 14, 2005

You were right, I am mixing up operating systemts and office software... (I'll confess to being technophobic!)

I am going to track down my nearest software reseller as you suggest and try and buy Microsoft Proofing Tools as I'd rather not buy the Italian MS Office version!

Thanks again,
Lizzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Italian spell check?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »