Alicja Weikop  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:10
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Nov 16, 2005

Hi,

I am trying to find the option which allows the user to define their own shortcut keys.

On my PC ALT+s opens a Support Information Window - but I need this combination to produce the Polish character "s" with a dash.

How can I access the setting to change the function of ALT+s?

Many thanks
Alicja

Direct link Reply with quote

Robert Tucker
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Keyboard Nov 18, 2005

Are you actually sure you want to change global shortcut keys rather than keyboard layout?

Is it the "¶" character that you mean? With the Polish qwertz layout it is two keys to the right of the "p", is it not? Should there also be a capital "¦"? - I haven't found one on the keyboard so far.

(N.B. Character encoding of this post: ISO-8859-2)

Alicja Weikop  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not the keyboard layout Nov 18, 2005

Hi,

No, I definitely don't want to change the keyboard layout - I am working with the Polish keyboard layout and I can't use the alt + s symbol (it normally works in Poland) because this combination opens this info window that I don't want.

I have once managed to change the key shortcut setting - but now cannot find the option again - how annoying!

AW.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to change global shortcut keys

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs