Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 10:10
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Dec 8, 2005

When I click on a folder icon a window opens. By default this window is rather small, I do not see the date colums. I can increase the window size with the mouse, but in the next session all is again the same, window too small.
Is there someone among you that knows how to change the default size of this window so that it is preserved even after the computer is turned on again?
This has annoyed me for years, but perhaps there is a solution?

Regards
Heinrich

Tsu Dho Nimh
Tsu Dho Nimh
Local time: 01:10
English
Try this Dec 8, 2005

In the Windows Explorer, open the Tools/Folder Opteions

Select the View tab
Scroll donw to the "remember each folder's view steeings" optoin and put a check in that box

Save the settings

Gary Daine (X)
Gary Daine (X)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Ctrl-Close Dec 8, 2005

Arrange the window just the way you like it, then press Ctrl and click on the x at the top right of the window to close it.
This forces Windows to save the settings.

This also saves other attributes such as column widths and position, and sort order (by name, date, size, etc).

Gary

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 10:10
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, it worked finally Dec 8, 2005

I had to use both ways, finally the folder stood at its place and in the right size. Thanks a lot!
Regards
Heinrich

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Size of Windows Explorer

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »