Outlook - "Some pictures have been blocked to help prevent identifiying your computer"
Thread poster: PFB (X)
PFB (X)
PFB (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:53
English to French
+ ...
Dec 28, 2005

Hello everyone

(I hope this is the right forum for this question)

The following message has recently appeared at the beginning of my incoming emails:
"Some pictures have been blocked to help prevent the sender from identifying your computer" and I'm supposed to click on this message if I want the pictures to appear.

Does anyone know what I should do to make those pictures appear without having to click on the message each time?

I have the
... See more
Hello everyone

(I hope this is the right forum for this question)

The following message has recently appeared at the beginning of my incoming emails:
"Some pictures have been blocked to help prevent the sender from identifying your computer" and I'm supposed to click on this message if I want the pictures to appear.

Does anyone know what I should do to make those pictures appear without having to click on the message each time?

I have the Windows XP Outlook Express thing.

Many thanks in advance and Happy New Year to all!
Collapse

Rebekka Groß (X)
Rebekka Groß (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:53
English to German
try the following Dec 28, 2005

Hi Philippe,

1. In Outlook Express, go to the Tools menu and select Options.

2. Click the Security tab.

3. I think you'll find that the Block pictures and other content in HTML e-mails checkbox in the Picture Download section is ticked. Unchecking it should solve the problem.

If this doesn't help, check if the Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus checkbox in the Virus Protection section on the same ta
... See more
Hi Philippe,

1. In Outlook Express, go to the Tools menu and select Options.

2. Click the Security tab.

3. I think you'll find that the Block pictures and other content in HTML e-mails checkbox in the Picture Download section is ticked. Unchecking it should solve the problem.

If this doesn't help, check if the Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus checkbox in the Virus Protection section on the same tab is enabled. If it is, try disabling it to see if this is the cause for the message.

BTW, I've got a German version of Windows XP so the UI options might have slightly different names in your language version.

Hope this helps.

Bonne année,

Rebekka
Collapse

tlmurray (X)
tlmurray (X)
Local time: 00:53
English
If it's spam anyway, don't bother Dec 28, 2005

Those graphics are typically designed to provide feeback that your spam has been received by you to help verify it's a real, spammable address. So if the e-mail came from someone or a company you do business with or visit their site, then it's okay, as they have your address anyway. But if it's true undesired spam, then don't take any measures to "see" the images.

PFB (X)
PFB (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Rebekka Dec 28, 2005

I haven't received any new message yet, so can't check it but your info certainly matched what I found in my (English) version of Outlook.

Thanks a lot and Happy New Year!

Silvina Matheu
Silvina Matheu  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 01:53
English to Spanish
+ ...
Just click on the message.. Dec 28, 2005

Philippe Boucry wrote:

...at the beginning of your emails and the pictures will be shown. As simple as that.
Happy New Year!

Silvina

Karin Adamczyk (X)
Karin Adamczyk (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 00:53
French to English
Not Outlook, but Outlook Express Dec 28, 2005

Philippe Boucry wrote:

I have the Windows XP Outlook Express thing.

Please be careful. Outlook and Outlook Express are two completely different products.

Outlook is a highly configurable PIM (personal information manager) and used by many large corporations and individuals -- Outlook Express has practically no configuration options and is a very basic e-mail and news product, with no PIM functions.

Outlook Express is the product that is plagued with problems.

Regards,
Karin Adamczyk

Andy Watkinson
Andy Watkinson  Identity Verified
Spain
Catalan to English
+ ...
Possible connection Dec 29, 2005

Hi Philippe,

I'm technologically-challenged in the extreme, but this warning may be connected with the following:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4566504.stm

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Outlook - "Some pictures have been blocked to help prevent identifiying your computer"

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »