Mobile menu

windows files and settings transfer wizard
Thread poster: xxxhydro_roc
xxxhydro_roc
English
Feb 25, 2006

I had win xp pro on my pc. I used the files and settings transfer wizard to save all my settings and data. Then i reformated and installed win xp home. now i run the files and settings transfer wizard and it cant reconize the saved data. and anyone help me?

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxtlmurray
Local time: 10:35
English
Where was the saved data located? Feb 26, 2006

I've never used a transfer wizard, but I can surmise that it must save your information to some file, or perhaps a set of files in a folder.

If you format and then install, then before you format you must copy that file or folder to exernal media somewhere or another partition, or else it's wiped out. If you upgrade (install over top of previous operating system), then I would think Windows would preserve it.

So the questions are: Did you format, or upgrade? And did you copy that information somewhere?

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

windows files and settings transfer wizard

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs