https://www.proz.com/forum/windows_operating_systems/50278-share_password_in_windows_xp.html

Share password in Windows XP
Thread poster: Sabry Hameed
Sabry Hameed
Sabry Hameed  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 17:00
Member (2004)
Persian (Farsi) to Arabic
+ ...
Jun 28, 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to use a pssword in my shared folders or partitions on the local network. In Windows 98, there was an option when sharing the folders that allows a password, but in XP I cant find this options

Thanks in Advance for your help

Peace
Sabry

Endre Both
Endre Both  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
Make local user account Jun 28, 2006

As far as I know, shared folders are accessed with the usernames and passwords of local accounts (e.g. the account you use to log on).

Depending on the share settings, you can make folders available to all users or only to specific ones.

Endre

Zoltán Medgyesi
Zoltán Medgyesi
Hungary
English to Hungarian
You need to change an option Jun 28, 2006

Start Windows Explorer. Click to Tools menu, Folder options. Switch to View tab, and clear the Use simple file sharing check box. Click to OK. Right-click to the folder you want to share, and on the Sharing tab you find the Permissions button. Click to it, and you can specify the access rights.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Share password in Windows XP

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »