Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 08:48
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Dec 15, 2006

Some time ago I purchased the license for ACDsee. After installation when I now want to open a folder unter My computer, e.g. the icon for the main computer or for the dvd-drive by double clicking, this stupid ACDsee starts and tries to show its folder structure. When I right-click on the icon there is the first item in bold Browse with ACDsee. But I want it to be Open, as it was before. I have tried to do the settings for the folders, but nothing helps.
How do I get back the old function
... See more
Some time ago I purchased the license for ACDsee. After installation when I now want to open a folder unter My computer, e.g. the icon for the main computer or for the dvd-drive by double clicking, this stupid ACDsee starts and tries to show its folder structure. When I right-click on the icon there is the first item in bold Browse with ACDsee. But I want it to be Open, as it was before. I have tried to do the settings for the folders, but nothing helps.
How do I get back the old function for double clicking?

Thanks!
Heinrich
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 07:48
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Hello Heinrich Dec 15, 2006

I assume, you use ACDsee only from time to time. Therefore I would remove it from the startup.

To do so, please do the following:

1) Click Start > Run and type: msconfig
Press Enter

(If you would get the 'file not found" message find the msconfig.exe file with Windows search and launch it).

2) In the opened window click the 'Startup' tab

Untick the services related to ACDsee (most probably it will be a single line)

... See more
I assume, you use ACDsee only from time to time. Therefore I would remove it from the startup.

To do so, please do the following:

1) Click Start > Run and type: msconfig
Press Enter

(If you would get the 'file not found" message find the msconfig.exe file with Windows search and launch it).

2) In the opened window click the 'Startup' tab

Untick the services related to ACDsee (most probably it will be a single line)

Click OK and reboot.
Check if this helped. If it wouldn't we'll look for other possibilities.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to get back to initial settings?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »