Thread poster: Williamson
Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:02
Flemish to English
+ ...
Feb 14, 2007

I am thinking of acquiring Windows Vista Business edition. However, I don't know whether CAT-tools, speech-recognitions tools (Dragon v9), scan-programs,... will work with Vista.
Do anybody have any experience with Vista?
And no, I am not going to change to Linux-based tools.

Ivan Eikås Skjøstad
Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 18:02
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Trados Feb 14, 2007

The new Trados FL should work (2007), according to their website. Wordfast should also work (as long as MS Word can run...).

I would recommend people to wait, since hardware problems seem to be a issue as well, even when the Upgrade Advisor says "go".

Kristina Kolic
Kristina Kolic  Identity Verified
Croatia
English to Croatian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
I would rather wait... Feb 14, 2007

Everytime a new Windows version is released, we seem to be faced with the same problem. You never know which application will actually work smoothly (or not) with the new OS. And new software versions are usually released a few weeks (or months) later.

In general I think that moving to a new OS version implies also moving to a new software version to ensure compatibility and minimize the chances of crashes, bugs and the like.

Personally, I always wait one year to switch
... See more
Everytime a new Windows version is released, we seem to be faced with the same problem. You never know which application will actually work smoothly (or not) with the new OS. And new software versions are usually released a few weeks (or months) later.

In general I think that moving to a new OS version implies also moving to a new software version to ensure compatibility and minimize the chances of crashes, bugs and the like.

Personally, I always wait one year to switch to a new Windows version (once they solve the initial major bugs) and then acquire eventually all software upgrades I need.
Collapse

Francesca Battaglia
Francesca Battaglia
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
new laptop, new to vista..wordfast? Apr 10, 2007

Hi everyone, I need to buy a new laptop which means I will need to deal with Vista.. And I'm scared of incompatibility problems with wordfast..I read it should work but I'd like to be sure so I m asking, anyone who's already working with wordfast and vista can advice me?

Thanx,
francesca

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tools compatibility and Windows Vista

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »