Mobile menu

Sudden Internet disconnection solved upon reboot
Thread poster: linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
Apr 25, 2007

I have 24/24 Internet connection. Lately, I have been having sudden disconnection from the Internet supply where I'm not able to open any webpage or download any file. The problem is solved temporarily when I reboot.

I think it has something to do with the Internet Explorer settings, as I am sometimes prompted whether I want to "work offline" or "try again."

I have Windows xp and IE 6.0, sp2.

Thank you,

Direct link Reply with quote

Chinese to English
IE Apr 25, 2007

There are a few things you may want to try: clear the web browser cache files, set the browser to get a new page from the web server every time it visits the same web site. If your Windows XP passes Microwoft's verification the best thing to do is to download and install IE 7.0 from

French to Arabic
+ ...
Disconnection upon being inactive for a few minutes Apr 27, 2007

Hi franksf,

Thank you for your help.

I changed the IE settings as you recommended but the problem is still there. I actually do not want to upgrade to IE 7.0
I noticed that the disconnection occurs when the PC is inactive for a while ( a few minutes).

Any idea?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sudden Internet disconnection solved upon reboot

Advanced search

Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs