Mariam Osmann
Mariam Osmann
Egypt
Local time: 10:36
Member (2007)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Sep 5, 2007

I've purchased a fujitsu simens1.23 with nvidia graphics. OS : Windows Vista Ultimate. I didn't have the time to explore it. I was only concerned by moving my files, then I started work immediately.

Today mumy wanted to play solitaire.She got the following message:
Hardware acceleration is either disabled or not supported by your video card driver, which could slow game performance. Make sure you have the latest video card driver installed and that hardware acceleration is turned
on."

Any tips?
TIA

Mariam Osmann
Mariam Osmann
Egypt
Local time: 10:36
Member (2007)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi again Sep 5, 2007

I tried to fix the problem myself . While digging, I found that the display adapter is the standard VGA graphics Adapter not the Nvidia GeForce 7600.
when I tried to install it. I got this message"
"setup detected that the operating system in use is not windows vista.this setup program and its associated drivers and designed to run only on windows vista.the installation will be terminated."
So I install it from the device manager itself via update driver. It worked but the la
... See more
I tried to fix the problem myself . While digging, I found that the display adapter is the standard VGA graphics Adapter not the Nvidia GeForce 7600.
when I tried to install it. I got this message"
"setup detected that the operating system in use is not windows vista.this setup program and its associated drivers and designed to run only on windows vista.the installation will be terminated."
So I install it from the device manager itself via update driver. It worked but the laptop became heavier. Plus the win games not working at all. A damage message is displayed, then the computer jsut shuts down.
I'm not really concerned with the win games.
But only need to know what's going on?

Is it about Nvidia compatability with vista?

Thanks
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Video card driver

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »