Thread poster: Sp and Fr to En

Sp and Fr to En  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:17
Member (2005)
French to English
+ ...
Sep 10, 2007

When I switch my computer on I get a message saying that a Java update is available, and asking me if I want to download it (in fact my computer was bought in France and the message is in French). So far I have been ignoring it, I don't want to infect the computer with anything nasty, and my attitude has been "if it aint broke, don't fix it". So far I have not had any major problems with my computer. Am I doing the right thing by ignoring these messages?

Direct link Reply with quote

Xiangdong Zhuo
Local time: 04:17
English to Chinese
That is all right Sep 11, 2007

Take on what you really need and let others go away.

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:17
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
Basically yes, Sep 11, 2007

"if it aint broke, don't fix it". But check your Java version. If it's old good 1.4, I'd strongly recommend upgrading to current 1.6, as ift offers performance improvement and better font rendering (at least).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Java update, Windows XP

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs