Amy Williams  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:31
Italian to English
+ ...
Mar 7, 2003

Dear all,

Just a quick query.

I use Windows XP. I\'m a bit of a desktop fan - much to the annoyance of anyone else using the computer! - and tend to store files to go out on my desktop. Today I went to clean up the desktop and saved some of my desktop items in other files. I deleted the relevant items on the desktop and went to \'arrange items by; type\' to line the remaining icons up. However copies of all the files I had deleted flashed up onto the desktop (for example a file \"Translation\" would come up as \"Copy of Translation\"). I tried again to delete the files, sending them to the Recycle Bin and then deleting them from the Recycle Bin. I then had \"Copy of Copy of Translation\".

What am I doing wrong, and how do I get rid of the files!?

I would be grateful for any ideas.

Many thanks in advance,

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Windows XP desktop files making copies when deleted

Advanced search

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs