Thread poster: Comunican
Comunican
Comunican
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:05
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 18, 2008

I have been trying to find some advice on how to clean up/sort out my Wordfast TM... There are a lot of duplicated and irrelevant entries. Is there a recommended/easy way of doing this? And how often does it need doing?
Hoping to hear from you.
Many thanks

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 13:05
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Reorganize Mar 18, 2008

You can also sort. Click on the icon (sedond from right). Read the manual. There will always be some rubbish in a tm. It does not matter, nobody sees it.
Cheers
Heinrich

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:05
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Create a new TM and clean up your document into it Mar 19, 2008

if you want to have a lean and mean TM.

As for deleting duplicate entries etc., well, read the manual.

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:05
Member (2006)
French to English
Special filters in TM editor tools Mar 19, 2008

Enough said! More details in the manual but the filters themselves are pretty self-explanatory.

good luck,

John

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:05
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Use a CSV editor Mar 19, 2008

Comunican wrote:
I have been trying to find some advice on how to clean up/sort out my Wordfast TM... There are a lot of duplicated and irrelevant entries.

If your TM is too big for WF's internal TM editor, try cleaning it up with a good CSV editor, like http://csved.sjfrancke.nl/ . Just a note of warning, though -- WF expects a certain number of columns in the TM (even if they're mostly empty), otherwise WF doesn't recognise the TM. So make sure you have the right number of columns.

Comunican
Comunican
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:05
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Mar 19, 2008

Thanks, everyone - I hadn't realised there was something in the manual about it, I will study it and investigate the filters etc...
Thanks again
C

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

cleaning up Wordfast TM

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »