Shortcut keys not functioning with WF 5.52 demo
Thread poster: fifilalou
fifilalou
fifilalou  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:57
English to Japanese
+ ...
Apr 6, 2008

I'm using the Wordfast 5.52 demo, trying to get myself acquainted with WF before I buy it, but I keep finding shortcut keys which don't work! (e.g. Shift+Alt+Down, Ctrl+Alt+Right Arrow/Left Arrow, Ctrl+Alt+F12 etc...). Is this by any chance because it's a demo and if I buy it they will start working? But I hear so many colleagues having similar problems with 5.52 and some recommending the 5.51 version instead. Does anyone have an idea why those shortcut keys don't work with me (Windows XP), or... See more
I'm using the Wordfast 5.52 demo, trying to get myself acquainted with WF before I buy it, but I keep finding shortcut keys which don't work! (e.g. Shift+Alt+Down, Ctrl+Alt+Right Arrow/Left Arrow, Ctrl+Alt+F12 etc...). Is this by any chance because it's a demo and if I buy it they will start working? But I hear so many colleagues having similar problems with 5.52 and some recommending the 5.51 version instead. Does anyone have an idea why those shortcut keys don't work with me (Windows XP), or can anyone tell me how to get a 5.51 version? Thank you!

English-French-Japanese
Collapse

Anaïs Di Rico
Anaïs Di Rico
France
Local time: 11:57
English to French
Reassign or get previous build Apr 6, 2008

Dear Fifilalou,
There are two immediate solutions (though probably not the best):
1. You can download the previous version on the download page. This is an older stable version 5.50z.
2. You could try deleting your normal.dot template and then reinstalling WF (haven't tried this; this procedure is explained several times in various forums here and on the yahoogroup)
3. You could reassign shortcuts keys using Word's customize keyboard function.

I've posted thi
... See more
Dear Fifilalou,
There are two immediate solutions (though probably not the best):
1. You can download the previous version on the download page. This is an older stable version 5.50z.
2. You could try deleting your normal.dot template and then reinstalling WF (haven't tried this; this procedure is explained several times in various forums here and on the yahoogroup)
3. You could reassign shortcuts keys using Word's customize keyboard function.

I've posted this problem on the yahoogroup and am hoping to get some answers from other users soon. I recommend signing up for one of the mailing lists: http://wordfast.net/index.php?whichpage=community&lang=engb

BTW, this bug is not related to the fact that you are using the demo version.

Good luck,

John Di Rico
Collapse

Izabela Szczypka
Izabela Szczypka  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:57
English to Polish
+ ...
Don't you have Trados installed as well? Apr 6, 2008

When I had them installed in the same user/Word version, their macros clashed.
I split them over two different users and... voila!

fifilalou
fifilalou  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:57
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Wordfast and Tados Apr 6, 2008

Dear Iza,

Thank you for your tip, but I don't have Trados installed...

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 12:57
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Get older version Apr 7, 2008

Wordfast and Trados can well exist in the same folder (Word - Startup). No problem at all. I use 5.50zw ot something. I changed after two years using 5.50. No use to be a beta-tester, stay on the safe side.
Regards
Heinrich

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Shortcut keys not functioning with WF 5.52 demo

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »